Flying Southwest to the Rose Bowl? Good luck..

Viewing 7 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Not sure what’s up with Southwest Airlines, but they’re cancelling thousands of flights. 

prestitute
      Ute Fan
      @prestitute

I am booked on Southwest, but I am looking at driving as a backup. 🙁

gandalf
      Ute Fan
      @gandalf

I’m flying United, but our flight leaves early on the day of the game. I’m worried about issues and thinking about just driving down the day before.

ayoriver
      Ute Fan
      @ayoriver

Wife got me tickets for Christmas. We’ll be driving down Sunday. What’s the recommendation for actually getting to the stadium once we’re down there?

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

Go really early and be patient.  

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I parked in a paid Rose Bowl parking lot that has shuttles, about a 20-30 min walk from the stadium last year. I opted to walk instead of the shuttles. It was a nice, refreshing walk through some nice neighborhoods. 

Andy
        Ute Fan
        @phatmanandy86

I went last year and stayed in West Covina. Took the Gold line from the station at Citrus college, was like $3.50 RT. Got off in pasadena and walked the mile or so to the stadium. Was super easy and plan to do it again this year. Parking looked like an absolute mess getting in, out, all of it.

tysnowboarder88
      Ute Fan
      @tysnowboarder88

I’m in Texas and my Southwest just got canceled for tomorrow morning to return to Utah. The next available flight to SLC isn’t until January 1st!

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

I’d be wondering if they could comp a rental car. But that’s wishful thinking. Dealing with airlines, airports, all related services/industries, and the ridiculous unwashed freakish people that the whole place is crawling with is one of the most profoundly unenjoyable things I have ever experienced.

All the trouble you could ever imagine (and a handfull of money to boot) for the privilege of cramming yourself into a loud metal tube for several hours. I hate flying.

BoiseUTE
      Ute Fan
      @slarson150

Yeah Southwest is terrible right now, they don’t have planes where they should be and caused by there own mistakes. I also am flying Southwest from Boise and a bit concerned since flights were cancelled again this morning from Boise.

prestitute
        Ute Fan
        @prestitute

I am in a similar boat. I am booked to fly down on the 1st, but I am getting nervous. They are allowing a change with no fees, so I switched up my flight on the 1st. I may end up driving instead if it still looks sketchy by Thursday or Friday. Are you thinking of driving now, too?

BoiseUTE
      Ute Fan
      @slarson150

Here is an article on Southwest issues, if I did it right. Never seems like I do the links right, sorry if I messed up.
      Southwest Issues.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Yeah my sister-and-law and neice are visiting us had their SW flight cancelled for today and were re-booked for Saturday.  This happened yesterday and checking alternatives on other airlines there was no availability there – at a reasonable price – until Thursday or Friday.  Some of the prices American and United were charging were crazy.   Like 3x normal price, 6x for First Class (over $2000), the only seats open.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Flying Southwest to the Rose Bowl? Good luck..