10. Oregon 24 Auburn 31

11. Cal 34 UC Davis 10

12. Wazzu 56 New Mex.St. 10

13. Utah ST. 27 Wake F. 21

14. BSU 21 FL. ST. 33

Hammer
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Utah runs the ball and wears down TDS in the 3rd quarter and pulls away.

2 5

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

I wish I had the confidence everyone else seems to have about beating BYU. I see that game being much closer than 37-17, possibly a loss. Utah 24 BYU 19, and once again they have the ball at the end with time to score.

I think UCLA beats Cincinnati, Oregon beats Auburn, and Boise beats Florida State(or at least keeps it real close).

Utebeam
        Ute Fan
        @utebeam

Just curious, how do you see it as a loss?

5 2

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

@utebeam

Our three biggest playmakers on offense (Huntley, Moss, Covey) are all coming off of season ending injuries, all of which required surgery. J. Barton and Agasiva have moved on to the NFL. Shyne transferred to Texas Tech. Hansen, Blair, Ballard, and Barton are all gone from the defense. Wishnowsky and Gay are gone. That’s a lot of holes to fill. The game is on the road and we will be playing our first game with yet another OC. Throw in our slow starts in recent years and it is a recipe for an upset. There’s also the matter of them going up 20-0 and then 27-7 on us last year. If they do that this year, I don’t think we will be so fortunate to dig ourselves out of that kind of hole again.

Tednab
            Ute Fan
            @tednab

Well dam .. now you’re making me doubt .. remember though Corbin Kaufusi; who I thought was the difference maker before going down last year in the game, is gone. Zach Wilson is also coming off a shoulder injury. And they just lost one if their WR to a DUI as well ..so grass ain’t greener.

Utebeam
            Ute Fan
            @utebeam

Good points. I hate you for being logical. Red goggles adjusted and firmly in place.

3 1

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

So we get our two best offensive players back, and you’re worried our offense, which dropped 28 points in about a quarter won’t do as well?

UteThunder
              Ute Fan
              @utethunder

Yes I am. Keep in mind our offense also dropped 0 points in about 3 quarters prior to the 28 point barrage.

Moss sat out all of Spring ball and who knows how rusty Huntley will be. Plus Covey’s health is in doubt, fully recovering from two serious injuries in just 8 months isn’t a given. Shyne and Shelley were in as much of a rhythm as you can be making their 3rd starts of the season plus all of the other snaps they had taken earlier in the year while Moss and Huntley will be making their FIRST START in nearly a year IN A NEW OFFENSE.

I’m probably just being overly worried with this game, but I don’t think my concerns are unrealistic. Keep in mind, BYU’s players and coaches are literally putting all of their off-season preparation into this one game.

ironman1315
                Ute Fan
                @ironman1315

I think our offense will be better than you expect.

As for their focus. That could easily bite them in the butt. They are just as likely to come out so tight they could crush coal into diamonds with their sphincters.

Charlie
            Ute Fan
            @charlie

Huntley, Moss and Covey will be fine, all the rehab news is good. The OL is the only difference we will notice but they will be up to BYU. The RBs behind Moss will provide better depth than enjoyed last year. The LBs will be more physical than last year but not as football savvy, but the line play in front of them will be even more dominating than last year leaving not much to notice. The next set of safeties will match last years with only Blair’s physicality being a difference. The punter will be up to our standard, the place kicking may not be a high level but may just be average. The game is on the road, but when they were winning some the road team was doing fine. The new OC will be much more a problem for them than for us. The past slow starts in Sept. have more to do with vanilla game plans, playing down to the competition and lots of rotation. All that could have been a problem if not for last years trap game. Because it was embarrassing, we may see something much closer to the opener with Michigan than to other preseason games. We won’t be looking forward to the first ever Pac conference championship in 6 days, instead it will be the end of a long wait to hit someone on another team. BYU will not be able to keep themselves from getting our football teams attention all thru August. I think a distracted Utah was the only team of note that Wilson has faced, he will likely have no idea what is coming to him all thru September – no Mangum to take the tough first half of the season.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

I think TDS is capable of putting up about 21 or 24.  If the Utes can’t get at least 27 against TDS, its going to be a long season.

2 3

whitlessham
          Ute Fan
          @whitelssham

^this

red google fans think we’re going to have this dynamic offense against a pretty good defense in the first game of the season ONE THE ROAD. LOL 

Based on kwhitt history- Utah will need to win on defense and turnovers. Utah 19 byzoob 17

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

On*

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Goggle*

SrJ
            Ute Fan
            @john777

I think the Utes offence will be more dynamic this year, we have most offensive play makers back, and an upgrade OC. Also BYU defense is highly overrated, I don’t think they’ll be any better then they were last year.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Not a Yuge Fan of Oregon, but will be pulling for them vs Auburn; Pac-12 needs to get some quality non-conference wins!

SrJ
        Ute Fan
        @john777

The game will be over for BYU by the 3rd quarter. It’s going to be so bad, that even lisk will come in for garbage play to finish the game.

SrJ
      Ute Fan
      @john777

Utah will for sure get the “W” against BYwho, I even think the handicapper was been too conservative on that score.
      my guess is Utah 44 byu 10

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  SrJ 2 months, 1 week ago.