For anyone that saves my game recordings…

Viewing 5 reply threads

utahman3431
      Ute Fan
      @utahman3431

I am upgrading my PC currently, and am in the process of moving video files from one hard drive to another. I think there are some bad sectors on one of my old hard drives, and as a result, I am unable to copy one game file from one hard drive to the other.

Would anyone have a copy of the 2011 WSU football game? We won the game in overtime 30-27, so hopefully, someone has that one I can get a copy of. BM me if you have it and if you’re willing to share it with me I’ll provide a link to upload it to!

I’m upgrading my capture card and putting in some new SSD drives to hopefully make the encoding process a bit quicker this year!

Ki-Yi 

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Is that the one when Wolfman went off in the snow? Great game, love your work! Muchos gracias.

utahman3431
        Ute Fan
        @utahman3431

I’m fairly certain it is…I wouldn’t know though as I haven’t been able to watch it again 🙁

LOL

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

PM sent.

jp31
      Ute Fan
      @jp31

You are implementing RAID 1 right? Also, depending on what type of encoding you are doing upgrading your CPU might be a better bang for your buck.

Thank you for the recordings!

utahman3431
        Ute Fan
        @utahman3431

I was just replacing some drives on this PC for now. I’m working on getting a VM server built this year though. I want to get a home lab set up, so the new PC will be running 9TB of storage in a RAID 1+0 array. I’ll be using 6 3TB drives. For the main host drive I’ll be running 2 1TB m.2 SSD drives in RAID 1. I’ll be using 64GB DDR4 RAM, and I was thinking of going with the AMD Threadripper 16 core (32 Thread) CPU. I’m a network security engineer that deals mostly with F5 load balancers and various firewall implementations, so I need enough power to be able to run multiple devices in a virtual environment 🙂

Once this file gets re-checked on my local PC’s torrent program, it will update the copy I have on my offshore seedbox. I have all of my files there also. This one never finished uploading there, and now I know why 🙁

Thanks again for all of your help!

TL;DR I don’t have RAID running on my local PC, but will be soon!

jp31
          Ute Fan
          @jp31

You will like that Threadripper. I have a 1950x in my daily driver, the cpu really shines with anything multithreaded. If you come up against any issues in your build shoot me a message – datacenter/virtualization is my thing.

utahman3431
      Ute Fan
      @utahman3431

Thanks for those of you that have replied! I was able to get the file restored after running a chkdsk /f/r on the disk. It recovered the bad sectors and let me copy the file over. I was also able to procure a second copy from another source.

I may have to reel back the 5.1 audio this year. Microsoft has decided to break the dolby digital 5.1 audio decoding with one of their updates between the beginning of the year to now (I think it was the May 2019 update to 1903). I’m going to try a new tactic with an HDMI splitter to bypass HDCP encryption and use the HDMI stream to capture the video. If that doesn’t work I’ll be forced to either go with stereo sound or possibly look into booting my PC into Linux and see if I can capture video that way.

If you really like the surround sound and want me to keep it let me know. Otherwise I’ll go the faster and easier route of recording the games with stereo sound only.

Ki-Yi!

SUUte
      Ute Fan
      @garrstew

How do we access said games?

utahman3431
        Ute Fan
        @utahman3431

http://uofu.bobsonlineworld.net

password:utevids

You need a torrent program (bittorrent, uTorrent, qTorrent, etc) to download the torrent file.  Once you open up the torrent, you should be able to choose which games from that year you want to save.

Let me know if you have any questions.  I’ll post throughout the season when I get a new game uploaded.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football For anyone that saves my game recordings…