For the first time ever, we have PAC-12 depth. We are officially a PAC-12 team.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

For the first time ever, we have PAC-12 depth. We are officially a PAC-12 team.

I always said that Whitt should get a pass until he had a full fledged PAC-12 team. People always complain about our late season collapses on this or that…the simple reality is, we didn’t have the depth to compete week in, week out. The grind is real.

BUT, we now have that depth. Look:

QB: Huntley, Tuttle, Shelley, Lisk
      HB: Moss, Shyne, DHC, Green
      Outside WR: Thompson, Boyd, Enis, Mariner, Simpkins
      Inside WR: Covey, Dixon, Field, Nacua, Perriman
      OL: Agasiva, Barton, Capra, Falemaka, Ford, Paulo, Toala, Umana
      DE: Anae, Hamilton, Heninger, Repp, Tafua, Tupai
      DT: Fotu, Cravens, Penisini, Pututau, Tonga, Amaama
      LB: Barton, Hansen, Hart, Lloyd, Pirtle, Thompson, Bernard
      CB: Blackmon, Davis, Guidry, Johnson, Lewis, Smith
      S: Afia, Ballard, Blair, Burgess, Nurse, Strong

We are two deep everywhere. While there is talent gaps, for example, Johnson and Fotu are better than anyone else in the two deep, the backups are good enough to start for us.

We finally have depth to compete for a complete season.

It’s exciting. I just wish we had Arizona’s schedule. We’d win the south with their schedule.

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

What year do we get the “easier” conference schedule again?

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

In 2019 we drop Oregon and Stanford for Cal and Oregon State. Also, our OOC is BYU, Northern Ill and Idaho State. 

That right there is 5 wins. We beat ASU, Colorado, WSU and Arizona. That is 9 wins. Our schedule then comes down to USC, UCLA and Washington. Washington will lose a ton after this year, Browning, Gaskins, etc. 

UCLA is a wild card. They shouldn’t be very good this year. How quickly can Chip turn it around? 

So, in 2019, we might be favored in every game except the USC game. And USC has to play Oregon, Stanford and Washington in 2019.  

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

But Cal and OSU might get good again before that.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

True, but I doubt they get Oregon and Stanford good.

Cal and OSU good is a borderline top 25 team. Oregon and Stanford good is top 10 potential. We should be better than Cal or OSU “good”. I don’t think we will ever be better than Oregon or Stanford “good”. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football For the first time ever, we have PAC-12 depth. We are officially a PAC-12 team.