For those of you dreaming of national titles in football…

Viewing 3 reply threads
      9 5

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Stop. I do believe since the BCS was installed, every national title winner has had a top 10 recruiting class in the previous 4 years. 

So, until we have a top 10 recruiting class a national title is a pipe dream. 

Enjoy Whitt and his consistency. Odds are, when he leaves we will not have the success we’ve been having. This state is too weird. Whitt knows how to navigate the weirdos and get normal people here. 

Any thought of replacing Whitt is just dumb. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I don’t think that has anything to do with it. I believe most rankings are fairly stupid. 

Do I believe the system is so bent Utah will never win?  Yes. But maybe the Feds will come knocking on these schools soon. Hell maybe even Utah’s door will get a knock. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I think it has a lot to do with. 

Honestly? Luck plays a huge part in it as well. What if Huntley doesn’t get hurt and we are undefeated right now? What if Herbert doesn’t get hurt and Oregon looks great? Didn’t Washington just lose a WR for the year? What if he doesn’t get hurt and Wash is undefeated? 

So much luck. BUT, you need talent and that comes from recruiting. We just don’t have enough great players to win it all. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Coaching, luck and health. I don’t consider health to be lucky. Utah’s schedule is just brutal. You talk about this a lot. 9 conference games kills the PAC. I wish it was a requirement. I wish the NCAA was fair.

Bottom line though it is pretty rare to have top WR or QBs consider Utah. Somehow we have landed a few elite 11 special kids lately though. A few more Bolles types to except frosh would be nice. Maybe it happens I just don’t see it. The big programs have monopolized everything.

Maybe Utah drops 10k on some transcripts. To say that same s**t doesn’t go on is incredibly naive. Alabama is utter bulls**t right now. It is like he has the cheat code on NCAA and is landing all of these nfl ready kids far too consistently. I just don’t buy it no one is that good. Luck helps but when you have counting cards is it really luck??

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

I just want to win the damn South! 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Not this year. Never going to happen. 2018 sorry looks more realistic. No Darnold no Rosen no Love. Should be a lot easier. 

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

I didn’t say I thought we would win this year. I’m just saying, in general, I’ll be happy to see us win the P12 South.

Anonymous
      Inactive

No

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football For those of you dreaming of national titles in football…