For those of you…

Viewing 4 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Who receive several unsolicited phone calls (scams) that offer free vacations or solar panels or whatever other reason they can think of to get your credit card, try wasting as much of thier time as you possibly can instead of hanging up.

I just kept a guy on the phone for 15 minutes talking about my made up friend named Leroy and his poodle who live in Florida. I cannot express how much it filled my heart to hear this guy get more and more frustrated as he waited for my credit card number, only to be led on a journey of my imagination.

I used to ignore the calls or hang up immediately but I have found that this is WAY more satisfying. I almost look forward to thier calls.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Is Leroy’s last name Jenkins? Because it should be. Then when you hang up you yell, “Time’s up let’s do this, LEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOYYY JEEEEEEENKINS!”

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

Haha maybe next time it will be.

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

OMG!  He just went in!

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

I agree but generally I don’t have 15 minutes to waste.  Sometimes I just let the automated thing play through and wait and wait for my response.  Only wastes a few minutes of their robot’s time, but if everyone did it they couldn’t make as many calls per day.   One time I got the “Microsoft representative call”.   I asked him about the weather in India as long as I could (he insisted he was in NYC), then when he asked for access to my Windoze machine I told him I had to boot it up, please wait on hold while I do that.  Put him on hold and I don’t know how long he actually waited.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I like to speak slight gibberish to them.  “Sure, my credit card number is 43bladsjf 3 8 apb 9.”  Excuse me sir? could you repeat that?  “Yes, it is 43hua8ajb9adfjdf 4.”

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

Two words:  Tom Mabe.

You can thank me later.

OldAsDirtUte
        Ute Fan
        @oldasdirtute

^^^ (Might not be safe for work) ^^^

Utebeam
        Ute Fan
        @utebeam

That.was.awesome!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc For those of you…