for you old time nba/aba fans.

Viewing 3 reply threads

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

is it just amazing how the game has changed so drastically due to the 3 point line?  it took a long time for the transition, but the last 5ish years have been completely different.  search for the open 3 pointer as option 1.  i find the offenses amazing.  everyone is spaced out at the 3 point line, drive and kick.  i for one really like it.  as for the jazz, they still do pretty well in the paint and do pretty good at finding the open 3.  houston is very talented and i expect to win 1 or 2 games and that’s ok.

another thing i find interesting is that the long cross court skip passes are now somewhat effective.  fun game to watch.  steph curry was the primary changer of the game imo.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I agree. Younger coaches have helped a lot towards this as well. 

The old dogs like Sloan hated the three. That being said, could you imagine the 90’s Jazz today? Malone down low, Stockton, Russell and Hornacek looking for threes as the main driver of the offense? That would have been quite the scene. 

The Shaq/Penny Magic did it as well. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

That is why it is interesting to me how Simmons is the new flag bearer of the nba. He hasn’t demonstrated any signs of having a jump shot. I see him maybe getting a jump shot somewhat but nothing close to Lebron for clutch three point shots. 

Mitchell however will take his 35ish% from three and get to 40ish. 

oc_ute
        Ute Fan
        @ocute

you must listen to collin cowherd  :  )

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Thems fighting words. No thanks I did watch his take on Westbrook to end the regular season and how he is MVMe

Great1Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tribute

You are totally right.  Today, any two point shot not in the key or at the rim is considered a bad shot.  You either shoot a 3 pointer or shoot at the rim.  The risk reward for a 12-19 foot 2-point shot isn’t worth it to many teams.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA for you old time nba/aba fans.