Former Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear gave an eloquent response

Viewing 3 reply threads
      5 4

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

To Trump’s speech.   Guy is well spoken.  I don’t know if he wrote the speech or someone else but is solid. He quoted Reagan, identified some of Trump’s weaknesses i.e. Belittling people etc.  

really well done.  

6 4

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

I watched both, Trump’s was far better IMO. The issues most important to me are the fight against drug cartels and poverty in inner cities. I’d love to see him be successful in these two areas.

The Kentucky Governor had the tone of devisiveness IMO.

6 1

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

The former Kentucky Governor, any stabs at why he gave the democratic speech rather than a current democratic official? Couldn’t stand his speech.

4 2

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

There are any current Democratic governors?

Rick
            Ute Fan
            @rickyrules

LOL!!!

4 4

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

If the fight against the drug cartels is that important to you doesn’t it seem thst the way to defeat them is to eliminate their customer base? Ie treatment for addicts rather then minimum mandatory sentences? America’s war on drugs is A an abysmal failure and B grossly misnamed

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

are you going to eliminate young kids who want to be wild and experiment? I’m for whatever will work. Do you remember when Trump discussed addiction treatment in his speech as part of the war on drugs? Clearly, the department of correction isn’t correcting people very well.

SkinyUte
            Ute Fan
            @skinyute

Something that will only get exacerbated with the current significant push towards for-profit prisons.

2 3

PorterRockwell
            Ute Fan
            @porterrockwell

You realize when I say eliminate thst what I’m saying is get our people off drugs which eliminates the dealers market. We aren’t going to do that with minimum mandatory sentences

First of N think the war on drugs is waste of time money and resources if you want he cartels gone then you’ve got to be willing to step in and provide what they provide clearly demonnizing drug use isn’t working working very well right now

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

Of course the Potus speech was far better, it always is in these speeches regardless of which party is in power.

RE: the war on drugs, it seems to me that the problem begins with legal RX drugs. Loose and easy access to addictive painkillers, the real epidemic, lead to the higher demand for heroin and similar drugs. It’s fine to crack down on illegal drug cartels, but far more difficult to crack down on the legal ones.

1 2

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

Even Elvis impersonator Mr. Maddow was unimpressed.

Nice sideburns Rachel!

Jumpmasterute
      Ute Fan
      @jumpmasterute

Beshear did give a good speech. Unfortunately it was obviouly written well ahead of Trumps speech and aired only minutes after. That alone gives it away as a canned speech

Just so you know I’ve lived in the Kentucy/ Tennesse area on and off for 25 years. In that time Beshear catered to the rich in Lexington and Louisville while letting the rest of the state decay. He is not a democrate, but more of an opportunist.

5 9

Substiute
      Ute Fan
      @substiute

photo 0087034D-C5E4-4293-9E24-3B7B0CB5037B.jpg

4 1

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

thanks for making a blanket statement without support across the whole speach without having the balls to talk about specific issues.

1 1

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

And their only lie is this fact scorecard…?

Viewing 3 reply threads

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics Former Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear gave an eloquent response