Four BCS coaches already fired and it is only October 2nd

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Two of the cour are in the PAC12.  

I do not like firing coaches mid-season unless there are some legal or NCAA issues.  This seems to be the trendy thing to do.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

when early signing day is mid-december, you are giving up on your current class if you wait too long and you don’t leave yourself much time to do a search. if it’s a lost season anyway, might as well rip off the band-aid and start trying to build toward your future as soon as you can.

when signing day was in February, you still had plenty of time after the season was over.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Good point.  But, I am still not a fan.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

oh no, i did not mean to imply i was a fan. just stating the reality.

any AD who kept said coach on contract only to fire him before the first month of the season is done should be shown the door also. as someone who participated in sports at a relatively high level, i expected the same commitment from the coaches and above that i was supposed to give. the coach and AD are usually set for life and will have plenty of opportunities if they desire. it is the kids who will suffer; lost development, lost prestige from being part of a winning program, potentially not getting enough exposure if they were borderline NFL prospects.

Now, if the coach was involved in, or even implied, fireable wrongdoing i retract my objection. In most cases of coaching malfeasance (sic?), I would rather the University get rid of them immediately since the potential harm greatly outweighs the need to be fair. However, I don’t think losing games counts as such. In every case but Herm, it was a coach who had been losing games prior to the season so why did you need more time to evaluate?

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Colorado is bad. Like REALLY bad. If they scheduled an FCS school I think they lose. They will not win a game this season.  Why wait?  They give up around 40 a game. They average like 13 a game?  

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a worse offense. And with an offense like that, the guys on D give up after a while.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I think Colorado have even given up special teams touchdowns. Most of their games are over by the third and they can’t really score against 2’s. 
          ASSU has some pretty good players and to lose to a FCS school. You lost.  the locker room. 

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

ASU won their FCS game handily. Eastern Michigan is in the MAC.

utefansince79
              Ute Fan
              @utefansince79

This is a rare season (not counting the shortended Covid 2020 year) where the PAC hasn’t suffered the indignity of a FCS loss.  Seems most recent seasons a team or two from the lower division has beaten a PAC school.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

Eastern Michigan is in the MAC my mistake. But it is close enough. First time a PAC school has lost to a MAC school at home though. 

salty-ute
      Ute Fan
      @salty-ute

What is a BCS coach?

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Four BCS coaches already fired and it is only October 2nd