Fox 13 News Coming To UteHub.com Headquarters

Viewing 8 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

To discuss the issue with the DM to the ASU player. 

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

.. people say hatefully things on social media .. earth shattering news

4 1

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Good on youse guys.

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

No, I think the kid made a terrible play during a very physical game.  He got penalized and rightfully kicked out.  To call a kid playing college football a piece of **** for making an overly aggressive play is overkill, imo.  We have had plenty of players on our team kicked out for targeting and I wouldn’t classify any of them as pieces of ****.

Anonymous
            Ute Fan
            @anonymous

Exactly. Love seeing “adults” — who likely have little athletic ability and never played beyond high school level — who can’t seem to behave like decent human-beings, irrespective of school affiliation. Sad.

Johnny80
      Ute Fan
      @johnny80

When will the segment air?

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

UteHub.com has an headquarters? Would that be next to the dumpster?

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

That’s the headquarters during football games!

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Drive by media must be slow this week. Taking shots at the U is in vogue this month. 

EastCoastUte
      Ute Fan
      @eastcoastute

how about if fox news covered that cheap shot of that ASU player who got ejected instead? but hey, what do i know. im not a reporter.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I would be interested in a story about the Pac12 and its pathetic network footprint. Or the despicable officiating week in and week out. Nooooo too obvious I guess. They wonder why the media is failing. 

(RANT)The only thing that should be done to this guy in my estimation is report him to Twitter and banned from the platform. No let’s go after his job and his family and his status at a university. No amount of blood will satiate the outrage mob. Ignore him and move on. (CLOSE RANT)

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The piece about the DM issue and hopefully some decent footage of me not looking like a bonehead will air on Fox 13 after the game tonight.  9PM or a little later. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I am sure you did great. You are a perfect representative of Utah fans. 

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

I’m sure someone will find something wrong with what I said.  LOL

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Arizona State football player ejected from Saturday’s game against Utah receives nasty message from Utah dentist
            http://via.fox13now.com/bfGuq

Looks like that is the story sans the video. 

Heike
        Ute Fan
        @heike

Wow. Lead story. Nice job!

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

The World Headquarters or just the Regional Office?

Guido
        Ute Fan
        @guidopescatore

It was clearly the regional office.  There was no nice pond and forest looking through the panoramic windows in the background.

Warrior Ute
      Ute Fan
      @warriorute

My thought is how crazy social media can become. The story about an idiot who sent an inappropriate message to a young man over a stupid play in a game.

To show how inappropriate his private message ,to an adult who chose to be in the spotlight was, his mother blasted the man publicly to the world. Including pictures of his minor children.

I am in no way saying the message was correct, however as a society we are so instantaneous in our responses that we often blow things way out of proportion and often miss how we add to the problem of incivility.

The player’s hit and reaction could be viewed as inappropriate. The man tracking his social media down to send him an awful message was inappropriate. Using pictures of minor children to shame their father was also inappropriate.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Good points.  Two wrongs does not make a right. Two lefts does though, I think.

Warrior Ute
          Ute Fan
          @warriorute

I think it can be good for all of us to recognize when it is time to slow down.

One of my bonehead moments was when I was p**sed about the message being sent in an e-mail. I responded to all. My message was accurate but a little inappropriate. I am in the military and thought I was sending it back to my Med Group Commander, Squadron Commander, flight commander and others within that chain of command. I missed an e-mail group link inside the to box. I ended up getting out of office replies to people I did not know. The group included the Command Surgeon General and all Med Group Commanders, Squadron Commanders and flight commanders within my career field. Luckily I wasn’t too inappropriate but did need to send out an apology.

I think that all of us can become too offended, too quickly and respond inappropriately. I saw some people on social media calling for people to write negative reviews about his employer. Potentially injuring multiple innocent families and their income, based on one bone head.

I guess my point is we should think some before we post and also take a breath before we decide to respond too quickly. I know I need to do this just like everyone else, because I am far from perfect on this.

bopahull
          Ute Fan
          @bopahull

I think it takes 3 lefts to make a right.

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

I kinda think you need to paint an accent wall red behind your monitors. Just sayin 😀

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yeah I need a whole new man cave in a Ute theme. 

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Fox 13 News Coming To UteHub.com Headquarters