Francis Bernard

Viewing 9 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

who thinks he would even see the field at UTAH?

6 1

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

He would next year

Anonymous
        Inactive

You people are drunk. He wouldn’t see the field on any type of regular basis in the UTAH program.

1 3

Anonymous
      Inactive

I seriously doubt it. He’s not quick enough. I don’t know if he’s a run stopper or does he have coverage skills? Neither. Does he understand the schemes? No. He’s frequently out of position. He didn’t get a UTAH offer out of high school… What’s he bring?

10 1

Sweetness
        Ute Fan
        @sweetness

This is a terrible take. He was a gioni Paul-esque player for BYU laist year. He covered Troy McCormick down the sideline last year to make one handed interception just fine. If he were on the roster this year I have no doubt he’d be starting alongside luafatasanga I think the report that Washington is reaching out to him should let you know all you need to know there

The guy had 80 tackles, 3 picks, and 5.5 TFLs last year, and it was his first year playing linebacker after being switched from running back. Those are some pretty solid numbers for a sophomore.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Forgive me if your small sample size doesn’t impress me. This cat had no UTAH offer out of high school. I’m for whatever makes our team better. I just don’t think he would make the rotation at UTAH.

Sorry to waste your time with my terrible take. Your counterpoints are unconvincing. He played on a defense that couldn’t stop Toledo.

Puget Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pugetute

After he came home from his mission Utah wanted him to walk on at LB, but he wanted to play RB. The byu-P offered him a scholarship at RB, then switched him to LB.

He would see plenty of action on the field this year, whether he starts or not.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

TDS has good players some are former Utes if you want to be honest about it.  Most have been offered by Utah.  The linebacking position at Utah has mostly been patched up with JUCO’s and transfers.  Paul was a fluke that Utah got him.  Bernard is very much like Paul very good in coverage and has a nose for the development of plays.  

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

That game was on the CBs not the LBs.

1 2

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

He did have a one handed pick against us last year. Seems you are discouraged ting his athletic ability 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Was that overturned?  Or should it have been overturned? I remember that is the one where Nacua was kicked out right?

RiseasUtes
            Ute Fan
            @riseasutes

No.  The play before was Nacua.  The interception was upheld and McChesney was kicked out in that play.

1 2

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

He’s faster than Luafatasanga and a bigger better run stopper than Barton or Tauteoli.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Does anyone have a good highlight clip for him?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

No hyperbole in the title…..

Wilson’s Mustache
          Ute Fan
          @sigmaute

Strange, he looks plenty fast running down Anu Soloman. 

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

And covering McCormick. Buuut that INT should have been overturned, but that illegal hit wasn’t on him and takes nothing away from his ability.

Anonymous
            Inactive

An injured, ineffective, soon to be benched Solomon? Impressive.

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

Did someone seriously just make a Naruto reference in that video?

Red Don
          Ute Fan
          @reddon

A picture of diversity.  My eyes!

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

The interception he had against Arizona at 1:56 or so in the clip was good.  But then I saw it from the QB’s perspective and made me think that had to be Williams throwing into a window that wasn’t there.  

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

I’m waiting to see how he ranks on 1280s 60 in 60 before I decide.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Good call

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

Definitely the definitive answer on how good a player is. No quesiton

CincyUte
          Ute Fan
          @cincyute

I heard Whitt wanted to see where Troy Williams was ranked before he made his decision on starting QB.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

No one can really answer that honestly.  He did well at BYU, but that’s a hard measurement as the competition level wasn’t the same.  Also, given the U’s ability to develope LB’s, I think most atheletes would have a shot of making it there.  

I’ll leave that up to Whit and Scalley. 

Anonymous
        Inactive

I agree. I think taking him is a waste of roster space and time for development of the underclassmen.

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

He would start or play a lot next year, after kavika and sunia graduate.  Bernard is better than Barton.

4 1

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Francis Bernard will play on Sunday’s with his size and speed wherever he plays in college barring a major injury.  If that’s a player you want on the roster then it’s an easy choice.  He is 100% an NFL prospect.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

I would doubt much this year but could be in the rotation.  If our offense is going to run fast, we will need all the defensive depth we can get at LB.  We are 3 deep at DL but we are not even 2 deep at LB, he would help us get to 2 deep at LB with Bernard and Barton as the 2’s.  

I saw him a few times my son’s team played Herriman and he has decent speed.  He was their main RB and he was pretty dominant at the high school level.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Have you seen our linebackers? Major drop off after kavika

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Francis Bernard