Fresno

Viewing 5 reply threads

BioUte
      Ute Fan
      @bioute

Went to the game last night. I was in Yosemite for business the night before and drove over for the game. Several people on Utefans indicated that I would be entering El Camino central but I saw more luxury vehicles than El Caminos. It was a pleasant game experience. They have shuttle service to the public parking lots. The stadium is a bowl that is set in the ground. Lots of entrances/exits. I sat in Section 24 with the families of a lot of the players. It was fun watching with them. Very upbeat and knowledgeable. That place emptied out real quick. For a minute I thought we were going to have a repeat of the last time we were at the Big House. Glad I was able to squeeze the game in to my schedule.

Warrior Ute
      Ute Fan
      @warriorute

I live about three hours from Fresno. I moved here a year ago. I was warned by co-workers that it was a gang capital and told I might want to not take my three daughters to the game. I am glad I didn’t listen.

My experience was similar to yours. I bought my tickets from the Utah ticket office. I was surrounded by Utes which was fun. Two of my daughters had not wanted to attend football games previously. They feel on love with the environment and cheering for the Utes.

Interactions with Fresno State fans were very positive. I liked their stadium layout. I was surprised to see the expansion plans given how many empty seats were there throughout the game. It would be great to see similar plans for Rice-Eccles. Overall I would love attend another Utes game at Fresno State.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I attended the 1984 Cal Bowl held at Fresno’s Stadium. It reminded me of a giant taco. The game featured Cal State Fullerton vs N. Illinois.

Hockeybeard
      Ute Fan
      @hockeybeard

The one unfortunate thing about Fresno St’s stadium is apparently the Visitor’s locker rooms are worse than ours! Coach Whitt had to give his half-time speech in the parking lot!

BioUte
        Ute Fan
        @bioute

I can believe that, as I was entering the stadium, the team was exiting after warmups. They exit directly into one of the main entrances. (see bottom of photo). They had to rope off the area which delayed people from getting to their seats for a few minutes. Bulldog Stadium

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by BioUte.

TheJuggernaut
      Ute Fan
      @thejuggernaut

I also was at the game, I have a friend who lives in Kingsburg – a couple of towns over from Fresno – he got a bunch of tickets in the middle of Fresno season ticket holders. I talkd to several Fresno fans walking into the game, and sat next to and in front of Fresno fans at the game. They were all gracious and welcoming. I too had heard negative comments leading up to the game about their fans, but didn’t see anything like that.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Nice to hear that.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.