Viewing 3 reply threads

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

“Teams That Will Disappoint in 2022”

UTAH UTES

Championship odds: +6000

Win total over/under: 9

Do I personally believe it will happen? No. Flatly ignoring a recent trend seems unwise, though.

Utah has reached the Pac-12 Championship Game in three of the last four seasons, and the lone exception was a strange 2020 campaign. During the three traditional years, the Utes went 18-1 at home and 11-6 otherwise in regular-season games.

That’s a reasonable concern for 2022.

Utah begins the season at Florida (Sept. 3), also traveling to Arizona State (Sept. 24) and UCLA (Oct. 8) within the first six weeks. The closing stretch sends the Utes to Washington State (Oct. 27), Oregon (Nov. 19) and Colorado (Nov. 26).

Add in a home showdown with USC (Oct. 15), and Utah’s schedule is no walk in the park. If the Utes struggle on the road, the season could turn disappointing very quickly.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

What I do know is that Cam excelled on the road last year. If they don’t let the hype get in their heads, this team will be special.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

He had his best games when Theo Howard was healthy enough to stretch the D early, regardless of home/road. Hopefully someone will step up to fill that role this year as Enis/Vele are more possession types.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Damn, I hope we go into Florida and make them look like Oregon of last year vs. Utah. 

10 1

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I feel very good about our chances. I’d think we need to pile on the points in the 1st half, however. The second half could be a slog for our players given the humidity.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I lack confidence at the beginning of every season, since we haven’t historically been very crisp early on. I hope that’s fixed this year. 

Hellhound152
          Ute Fan
          @hellhound152

KW teams have been pretty sharp when facing a real competition in season openers.  Those types of games have not been frequent since the move to the PAC12 but the team was well prepared against a very good Michigan team in 2014. 

D T
            Ute Fan
            @azute1

You beat me to it…..That UM team finished the year ranked #11.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Yeah you’re right on the Micigan point.  

UrbanLiar
              Ute Fan
              @urbanliar

I’d also add that for almost a decade we were breaking in a new offensive coordinator…EVERY FREAKING YEAR. We now have stability, comfort and experience on that previously lacking side of the ball. #FireLudwig

Charlie
            Ute Fan
            @charlie

Whitt does better with early games that matter. So often he is comfortable in OC games early using them for teaching, rotating thru backups, and letting players understand what he has been talking about. He really only cares to win these games and views them as more of a teaching tool. No style points. Last year was just strange with OC games.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

I’m with you, Tony.  It typically takes our Utes a game or two to get things rolling.  However, this year we have a lot of experience coming back and I “hope” we can hit the ground running.

I always remain nervous until I see the team play.  

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Bleacher Report…..

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football From Bleacher Report…