From Gunther and Ben

Viewing 2 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

“This is the first time Utah has had an offensive coordinator in their second year with the same QB in his second year as well.”

That right there has to be worth a couple points a game. 

8 3

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Saw as much footage as I could from yesterday.  Is it possible to get a Center that doesn’t snap the ball all over the place?? Too high or in the dirt this is wasting valuable seconds in the offense. 

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

I had hoped they would have worked on that in the off-season – picture the center snapping 2 hours a day into a small target.   Apparently not.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

When you run shot gun about 99.99% of the time, a center with a consitent accurate deep snap is rather important.  

When the QB has to leap high to catch a high snap, bend down to reach a low snap, or lean over to grab one to his side, it just throws off the timing of the play and gets it off to a rough start.

2 1

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I have often thought of just giving up the shotgun all together and making them go under center. What is the difference if you can’t train the center, easier to train the QB to read as he moves back. 

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

Going under C has its own set of problems. It’s easier to play out of shotgun for the QB, it’s why everyone does it. 

Also, from what I heard, Falemaka wasn’t snapping the ball yesterday. They were trying different guys out. So, don’t fret yet. We are a loooooooong way from Aug 30. 

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

I am not fretting my opinion is anectdotal. Falemaka not taking the reps yet does little to stop that opinion. He is one of the worst offenders. 

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

One of my buddies and I always joke around about the same phenomenon with new golf gear. Dude, check out my sweet new Callaway hat, that’s worth at least 2 strokes off my game! Unfortunately, it never actually pans out for us that way for us.

This, however, is highly encouraging, and has a real shot at making an making an impact. Let’s see what this offense can do with a little continuity! 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

It sounds like Huntley is really looking good this spring. Like, he is heads and shoulders better than Tuttle and Shelley. That is very promising. 

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

Really? That’s great news. Any insight into why he’s so far ahead of the others? Or is it just consistency, similar to the theme of the original post? 

Thank you for the update too. Always good to hear that players are progressing nicely. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football From Gunther and Ben