Fuel for the Pac-12 conspiracy theory

Viewing 9 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

I don’t think it’s much of a theory anymore.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Wtf?  No mal-intent?  What about the students brains what a f**king dolt. 

Grayshirt
      Ute Fan
      @grayshirt

Smells like corruption to me.  Scott wants to dismiss it like it’s NBD.  This ain’t over.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

no wonder these calls take an eternity

do they also consult the magic 8 ball?

ridiculous

Ute_tastic
      Ute Fan
      @ctbo139pk

The ESPN article is a little light on the details. Here is a more in depth article:

PAC-12 Oops.

W16Ute
      Ute Fan
      @w16ute

The craziest part is the officials interference wasn’t on the extremely obvious targeting against Minshew but rather the rather obvious one against USC’s Daniels. How can Scott continue to defend the no call against WSU in the wake of this bull?

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

Agreed. The no call on Gustin hitting Minshew was more egregious and obvious (and more clearly affected the outcome of the game. So for conspiracy theorists that argue the league was supporting USC, this specific controversy would undermine the theory because the controvery involved a no call on a WSU player.

Buuuuuut, the no call on Gustin came later in the same game, so maybe the conspiracy is that at that point, the replay official was checked out and just decided he wasn’t going to call any targeting going forward after having already once been overruled by a league official. If Gustin had been called for targeting, as he should have been, WSU would have had 1st down on approximately the 10 yard line with plenty of time to score a TD for the win. And at a minimum, the chances of a blocked field goal would have greatly diminished (not to mention Gustin would have had to sit 1/2 of the Arizona game that USC barely escaped). WSU very likely is still undefeated, USC might have 3 conference losses and would probably already have fired their coach as a result. That no call had a huge impact.

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

I’m sick of Scott…this should be the last straw for his job.

Ute_tastic
      Ute Fan
      @ctbo139pk

I think that the biggest problem with the way the PAC-12 does the replay is that the head official doesn’t see the replay. This takes the final decision and ultimately the accountability away from the head official. I think that the head/lead official in any sport should always be the one with the final say as well as be held accountable.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I noticed in the NIU game that coference gives him a monitor. 

Xanthis
          Ute Fan
          @xanthis

This is something the Big 10 is using this year. They happen to let NIU use the equipment for the Utah game or maybe the season. I can’t remember.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I thought they talked about in the broadcast how the MAC uses it. 

SteelUte
      Ute Fan
      @steelute

I wish our lame local BYU fan representatives could look into this with an audit-  

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Speaking of that, whatever happened to the BYU-P booster guy who was reviewing their replays and throwing calls in their favor? Is he at the bottom of Utah Lake or something? 

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

Could be, but you’d still be able to hear him screaming as his head would be sticking out of the water.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Fuel for the Pac-12 conspiracy theory