Future QB Battles

Viewing 4 reply threads

Parach-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @parach-ute

So, the future QB battles (assuming no decommits or transfers) will be as follows:

2017 Williams vs Huntley

2018 Huntley vs Shelley

2019 Huntley vs Shelley vs Tuttle

Has there ever been so much potential QB talent at Utah? Who do you predict wins each battle and do any of you see potential transfer issues? I personally love the approach of recruiting QB talent each year and letting transfers take care of themselves.

utahsportsguy
      Ute Fan
      @utahsportsguy

actual talent > potential talent. 

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

Well, ya, but we gotta start SOMEWHERE right?? Come on.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

For the love of Joe Theismann go get a competent QB Coach that will develop all that talent.

1 2

Anonymous
      Inactive

Troy Williams has low game IQ.  Not a great runner.  Red zone execution was awful.  

Haven’t seen much of Huntley, but I hope he gives Williams a run for the starting slot.  Would hate to see another year of poor performance at the QB slot.

Star ratings are meaningless with QBs.  After establishing arm strength, mechanics and accuracy, it’s all about the above the shoulders game and the star rating does not capture that.  Many 5* busts.  See Max Brown at USC.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

I’m giving TW a pass because I think he played hurt and we just didn’t know it.

He started the season without a knee brace but by game three had a large brace on his left knee.

I think Coaches told him to play conservatively and not get hurt worse cause there was no back up

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Rumors were MCL tear. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Future QB Battles