Game 1 Tickets Availability

Viewing 3 reply threads

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

I have a co-worker (Analytics Engineer) who works part-time for a ticket broker service and he gave me some interesting information I wanted to share with my UteHub friends.  

As of yesterday afternoon there were 4200ish tickets to the Provo game available on various ticketing sites and they were seeing less that 3% daily churn.  Basically, extremely high availability compared to what he’s seen for this game in the past and not many people are purchasing them. 

Unless something changes, prices should continue to move down up until a day or 2 before the game. So, if you’re considering attending and haven’t bought tickets yet, might be worth waiting a couple weeks.  

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Interesting. You think Thursday night is a factor? Or high prices + cheap BYU fans?

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Probably more the Thursday night factor. There was a post on Courgarboard where there was quite a whine fest about how they can’t keep kids up that late on a school/work night, that BYU students won’t be on Campus yet, can’t ask a baby sitter to stay that late on a school night, and on and on…

Then it turned to if they had a better opponent ESPN would have moved them to Saturday.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

there is a large portion of their fans that want 10$ tickets and wouldnt go above 50$ for any game. I became weirdly interested in the difference in our ticket markets when RES prices skyrocketed for any top half opponent (starting with Michigan 2015). Their often terrible home schedules play a part but there is a massive gap in the bottom half of the LES/RES ticket markets with premier opponents

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

the prices are absurd for that stadiums market. They wouldnt sell out at half the price. They struggle to fill that stadium with them at 1/10 the price even against decent teams. Despite the very loud contingent of internet fans irrationally confident they will beat us, most of their fans are not optimistic at all and dont want to spend 100-150$ to watch another L to the team they hate.

Unless Utah fans fill it in, prices will be half price week of and 1/4 in the hours leading up to the game

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Prices have dropped aprox $20 already. Low ticket is now selling at $79

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Game 1 Tickets Availability