Game stats: was happy to see Devin Lloyd tied for most tackl

Viewing 3 reply threads

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

…tackles in the game. I rewatched the game and the guy sheds blocks really well. Does he also play special teams? Because #20 lifted a would be TDS tackler off his feet and put him on his back during Covey’s longest punt return.
      I also enjoyed Jaylon Dixon and Demari Simpkins running the ball. They were effective and help spread the ball to the edges.
      Utah / TDs Game stats

https://youtu.be/cx0ovXy4ceY

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Yes that was Lloyd on the punt return. I noticed that too. I rewatched the game last night because someone else was saying he played poorly, wasn’t going to the ball etc. And of course Pace agreed with him because he doesnt want to accept that an under recruited kid can turn out to be a good player. I checked his stats and thought that couldn’t be 100% true. So I rewatched the game and thought he played well.

3 10

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Guys common. Tied for most trackels is the minimum expected from a starting LB. Who else would it be?

Lloyd wasn’t terrible but he was close getting benched. I honestly think Scalley will feel out the 2 back ups the next 2 weeks. He’s the weak lack on a great defense. Take that for what you will. I saw him make a terrible decision on the reverse and struggle shedding a block when he pursued. The blocker was Zach Wilson. That’s ridiculous that he doesn’t rag doll throw a QB.

He wasn’t terrible but he struggled. Shedding a block and making a tackle 7 yards down the field isn’t something to be celebrated. It’s a big nothing burger. No TFLs, no pass break ups, no plays blown up in the back field.

Looked a lot like luafatasanga from 3 years ago. Serviceable but not going to make a play for you when needed.

Compare to Bernard blowing up plays all over the place…oh wait, bernard only had 2 tackles so he must have not had a beat game.

whitlessham
        Ute Fan
        @whitelssham

Image result for standing ovation gif

6 4

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Ummm, he was tied with the free safety????, not the other LB

Wait, are you talking about the reverse with 3mins left to go in the first where Lloyd throws Wilson out of the way with one arm? And then forces the ball carrier out of bounce?

Tafua didn’t set any edge which prevents any kind of tackle at the line of scrimmage or behind. “C’mon”

I guess you want him to have less tackles? I didn’t see the ball thrown his way at all, he’s so big and long, it’s a deterrent.

I’m going to need you to step up and provide some sources of him almost getting benched. Thanks in advance!

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

We saw Barton get benched for similar mistakes on misdirection plays and we all know how he turned out. I’m not saying the dude is a bum. He just didn’t have a great game.  Looked cluncky and confused at times to me.  

Tackles is a pointless stat in a single game.  I’ve seen corners that have 9 tackles because they give up 9 catches. A LB that makes 5 tackles behind Utah’s defensive line isn’t saying much.  I hope to see more from him, or whoever starts at that position next week.    

gUrthBrooks
            Ute Fan
            @hammer

What about a LB that only allows 1 reception for 3 yards?

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Steve Bartle assessment:

Devin Lloyd – 76.0 Coverage Grade

While the headlines will go to Bernard, and rightfully so, he earned them… Devin Lloyd quietly amassed 5 total tackles, which tied for the team lead with Jaylon Johnson. Lloyd is a very good athlete and shows the ability to cover a lot of ground both versus the run and in coverage, where he was really effective. In 32 coverage snaps, he was thrown at only one time, which was caught by their big tight end for a minimal 3 yard gain, but more importantly was tackled almost simultaneously with the catch and short of the 1st down to force BYU to punt. Lloyd does have things to work on, such as being a bit more physical in certain situations, but overall, this was a solid first impression.

3 1

AgouraUte
          @agouraute

@hammer Be careful what you post from premium boards. You just violated the first rule of fight club.

gUrthBrooks
            Ute Fan
            @hammer

Haha. Alright. How do I delete?

AgouraUte
              @agouraute

Send Tony a message asking to delete. Also, it appears that whitelsham/pace doesn’t have access to 24/7. It’s nice knowing we have a greater knowledge than him

Duhwayne
              Ute Fan
              @duhwayne

Just edit the message to something else and you’re good to go.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

Edit the message to you don’t know football.

gUrthBrooks
                  Ute Fan
                  @hammer

Let’s hear your clarification on the issue.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

The Utes didnt call a lot of blitzes during the game, so you’re not going to get a lot of TFL’s. Tackles after a one or two yard gain, aren’t horrible.

2 3

idahoute
      Ute Fan
      @tfute

I’m glad you all are paying attention since I brought it up.  As I said I hope I am wrong about him and I will cut him slack being his first start.  5 tackles means nothing.  With our Dline  your grandma could make 5 tackles at LB.  He needs to be more aggressive and react better.  2 patsy games to get up to speed is good for him and good for us…

I’m rooting for him.

whitlessham
        Ute Fan
        @whitelssham

I’m rooting for him as well.

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

I hope we are both wrong but my honest assesment was that he was below average. Maybe he stands out more because the rest of the defense was fire but he needs to improve.  

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Game stats: was happy to see Devin Lloyd tied for most tackl