GAMEDAY!! Let’s make it 17-1 tonite.

Viewing 3 reply threads

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Utesby1
      Ute Fan
      @garykennedy

Almost I am persuaded to attend a womens basketball game.

5 1

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

I will be there.  This team is fun to watch.  They are well coached and really push the ball up the court.  I wish they would let Coach Roberts coach the men’s team as well.

7 10

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I’m sorry but the idea of a women’s basketball team being fun to watch is incomprehensible to me. Men’s college basketball is hard enough to watch these days. Women’s basketball is probably the last sport I would ever chose to watch.

I’m sure they are a good team, and I am proud of what they are doing as a fan of the Utes, but the day I watch a women’s basketball game that isn’t being played by my daughter is the day that I finally realize that I should find something more productive and/or enjoyable to do with my life.

7 1

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Why would you even say that?  They are not quite as fast or quick as the men, but they are far better technical players and are far better shooters.  They run good plays and are solid passing in the open court. They move well away from the ball. They can all hit bunny layups, unlike most of the players on the mens team (looking at you, Jayce!). Majerus would be proud.

I know woman players get a bad rap, but Kelsey Plum at UW changed that for me.  She was the smartest and craftiest player I have ever seen at the college level. She was like a Delon Wright inside the arc, but with a clutch Brandon Taylor outside shot.

Megan Huff on this team is worth watching. The whole team plays excellent team basketball.

2 2

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

I’m not knocking their skill, their dedication to their craft, or anything else really. I just can’t stand to watch it.

Also, the idea that they are better shooters than the men is a little ridiculous. They may or may not have better shooting percentages, but consider the competition level, the speed of the game, and the pressure they are under. If you made them play against a mens collegiate team with thousands of fans, national TV broadcasts, and everything else that comes with it, they wouldn’t come close to shooting as well as the men’s team does.

I’ve watched enough women’s basketball to know that I would rather stare at a blank TV screen.

All that being said, you may all be totally correct. Maybe I’m up in the night, and I should give them a chance… but I won’t because I’d rather do almost anything else. I don’t know what it is about women’s basketball, it just drives me nuts.

BulgieUte
            Ute Fan
            @bulgieute

So why post about it? Just shut up and move along.

3 1

chinngiskhaan
              Ute Fan
              @chinngiskhaan

why not post about it? That’s what this site is for isn’t it? I’m not insulting anyone. I’m not being rude. I’m just sharing my opinion. I’m bored, and I thought posting my opinion would start a conversation, and it did. Yay for me and my boredom.

Ute Bc
        Ute Fan
        @utebc

Go to a game and see for yourself.  Puget Ute explained it well.  They are fun games.

3 2

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

you may very well be right, I just can’t bring myself to do it. It’s hard enough to justify watching any sports at all. If I added WBB to the list I don’t know how I would feel about myself.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Women) GAMEDAY!! Let’s make it 17-1 tonite.