Geaux Utes!

Viewing 5 reply threads

TigerUte
      Ute Fan
      @tigerute

To reintroduce myself, I am an avid LSU fan who is fortunate enough to have a condo in Park City. I have really grown to love the beautiful State of Utah and its wonderful people and I have adopted the Utes as my second favorite team. My wife and I were fortunate enough to attend the Utah-Arizona game last year and had a great time before, during and after the game. We expect to be back in Park City the weekend of November 3-5. LSU plays at Alabama on November 4 which I will be watching on TV. I was very pleased to see that the Utes are at home on Friday, November 3 against UCLA. Obviously, that shapes up to be a big game. My questions are this: how hard will it be to buy tickets for that game? Will there be any big difference in atmosphere since the game will be on Friday?
      Thanks in advance and I hope to see you this fall.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Id check early and often. I saw a stat the other day that said Utah has the highest secondary market prices in the PAC-12. 

I’d bet buying directly from the school would be option #1. 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Agreed with what Utah said regarding ticket prices/purchasing options.

As far as GameDay atmosphere, that’s a toss-up right now. It will depend on the division race and if Utah has a shot at a division title with a win over UCLA, I would bet my bottom dollar that RES will be rocking on a Friday night. The only difference might be that tailgating may start in the afternoon as opposed to first thing in the morning. Then again, if we’re in a good position, I’m sure many people will try and take the day off work to spend the day at RES.

Another thing to consider would be the November collapse. Utah football tends to fall flat on its face in the month of November. Being that it’s early, you might just witness the beginning of the collapse. Or, maybe we get that monkey off our back this year with a new OC.

Regardless, I would definitely keep my eyes peeled for tickets and keep tabs on how the Utes are doing throughout the season and in the few weeks leading up to that game.

Glad to have you around the board! A close coworker of mine is from Baton Rouge and has gotten me into LSU football, they’re the only team in the SEC that I’ll ever root for.

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

We should be smack dab in the middle of our annual November losing streak, so tickets should be easier to find.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Welcome @TigerUte glad to have you.  Let’s talk about that condo. I hear Ute admins love vacationing, even if it’s just 40 mintues from home LOL.

TigerUte
      Ute Fan
      @tigerute

What is it about November? LSU usually does the same thing. The Tigers typically play well until the Alabama game (always first week in November), lose that game and then just mail it in the rest of the season. Like Utah, LSU is hoping its new offensive coordinator will make a big impact.

Thanks for the ticket advice. My first choice is always to buy from the school; I would rather the university get the money than the secondary market.

Congrats to the Utes on the NFL draft. If I remember correctly, there were eight players from Utah drafted. A very good showing.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.