Goal: Launch Ute Hub And-roid/iOS App By Football Season

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’m currently working on a mobile app for one of my other sites.  I’ve got 90% of it done and working and will launch it soon.  That will be iOS/And-roid app #2 that I’ve created.  I’m learning a great deal about building mobile apps; retrieving and presenting the data for mobile devices.  I will be able to do the same for Ute Hub but of course it will be much more complicated.  The current apps I’ve built only read data.  They do not allow users to login or post.  So there will be many complexities like that to work out. But I KNOW I can do it.

So the goal is to start working on the Ute Hub app when I have my current one done in the next week or two.  It may take months to get working so the goal is to have it working by football season. This is an ambitious goal, but that’s how I roll. Some site features may not make it to the app, like polls and the picks games.  It may also be tough to do thumbs up/down at first.  Some features I may roll out in phases.  First would be simply beaing able to read posts, then write them etc.

I’m very excited about this and I think it will help further cement Ute Hub as THE best Ute fan communty and board.  I will certainly entertain suggestions and feature requests.

GO UTES!

pics
      Ute Fan
      @pics

That would be great. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

That would be so great. Would the app have a chat feature? Would make it fund to chat  and post while at games.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Great question and great idea. It looks like the chat engine we are using does have an API, which mean’s it’s possible to integrate the app with the existing chat. Not sure how hard it would be yet.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Thanks for working so hard on this place. It’s been fun, especially the last couple of days. 

Coreyc04
      Ute Fan
      @greenstormute

I’m really liking the direction you want to take Ute Hub, Tony. Thanks for being awesome.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Goal: Launch Ute Hub And-roid/iOS App By Football Season