Going out on a small limb

Viewing 7 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Utah is 5 @ the CFP. I think the committee is finally ready to stand up when it comes to bama. Now, IF bama beats Auburn they will jump utah only if they win convincingly. Otherwise utah would have the pac-12 title. I know don’t look ahead blah blah. This team is different they don’t look ahead. The key to this whole thing is GA. If Ga beats LSU there is no way a one loss utah jumps a one loss GA. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Will be on Tuesday I mean.

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

If you don’t even make your CCG, you shouldn’t be a playoff team. Conference play played you out of contention. If you don’t win your CCG, your qualification sits at-large on an outside bubble. I don’t know why this is so hard to accept, or why humans who consume college football continue on in the psychological deference to whoever the top 3-4 teams in the SEC are year in and year out.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

why humans who consume college football continue on in the psychological deference to whoever the top 3-4 teams in the SEC are year in and year out

Quite simply, because we continue to consume it. As long as we keep spending our money on their product, what incentive do they have to change?

And note that if there were an 8-team playoff right now, Utah would be in without worrying about how Oregon is doing.

gothamute
      Ute Fan
      @gothamute

Could be that we move to 5 this week, but I’m guessing we’ll be 6… as long as we are ahead of Oklahoma I think we are in if we win out UNLESS a 1-loss Georgia beats an unbeaten LSU in the SEC CCG (if either has 2 losses they are not getting)… I think a 1-loss Minnesota beating an unbeaten Ohio State in Big10 CCG would also have the same effect but is an extremely unlikely scenario (opening line has Minnesota as 10pt underdog to Wisconsin next week)… as long as Oregon and Baylor are similarly ranked in this installment of CFP rankings then a win for us would be essentially a wash comapred with an OU win over Baylor and I don’t think they jump us… the computers seem to all favor OU jumping us, but the media (and so far the committee) pretty unequivocally favor us over OU… Bama is not getting in over us or Oklahoma if either/both are 1-loss conference champs…

So just win baby!!

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

I so want the committee to punish Bama for playing Western Carolina in mid November

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

The committee HAS to address this, otherwise, conference commissioners, school presidents and athletic directors are going to figure out that having 4 easy (lame) non-conference games is the best path to get to the playoffs.  This will suck for college football fans.  

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

My prediction is we are 4. Alabama lost Tua and played a FCS team, they drop. 

Georgia has the worse loss and looked bad in their game. 

Utah went out and dominated Arizona. Oregon lost.

The committee will put Utah in because they will be in if they win out and drop Georgia because Georgia has the worse loss and didn’t look as good. 

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

I think Georgia also has better wins than we do (more ranked opponents IIRC) + SEC bias. I would love to be four but I think we stay at 6. I would be surprised if we actually jumped bama at 5, but could also see the case for it. 

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

That would be funny if we jumped Clemson. They haven’t played anybody either.

RiseasUtes
            Ute Fan
            @riseasutes

Clemson hasn’t lost in 2 seasons, they won’t drop below 3 and Georgia most likely will still be up on us.  Small chance we pass Bama, but I would guess we are at 6 with those two right above us.

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

90% chance we are #6, 10% chance we are #5. Sorry but there is absolutely no chance we pass Georgia this week. I’d bet my life on it. Hopefully in two weeks we will though.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Utah wasn’t that impressive over a sub .500 team. Had the score been 62-0 then possibly jump Bama. Not jumping Georgia as well though. No top 25 wins is a big f**k in the ass right now. Thanks ASU, UW, Cal, and Wazzu…

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I dunno. Being ahead of Bama feels like a trap. Well, maybe not. They’re going to try to kick the everloving crap out of Auburn either way. I dunno. I think Auburn has a decent shot.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Going out on a small limb