Gotta say it…

Viewing 1 reply thread
      28 1

SUUte
      Ute Fan
      @garrstew

Kudos to Marcus Williams. Guy’s a big time NFL player but had the humility and drive to finish his degree. What an example! Like Whitt said, in the end getting the degree is what it’s all about for the student athlete.

Ma’ake Kava
      Ute Fan
      @ma-ake

To anyone who has met Marcus’ family, him *not* getting a degree was never an option.

I talked with Marcus’ uncle at the Cal game 3-4 years ago, and as Marcus’ recruiting picked up, he decided to see how things were going academically at the HS. Besides the 4.0, Marcus had amassed a bunch of AP credits. His brother Eric, who was a PG for Cal State Fullerton, told me all the kids were always competitive… in everything, including school.

Watching Marcus at the next level – including most importantly his reaction to “the play”, which Saints coach Sean Payton said might have been a permanent scar on most players’ psyches, but he wasn’t worried at all about Marcus – I’ll say it now: don’t be surprised to see Marcus Williams coaching D1 football, the NFL, including a possible rise to a HC position in the league. It wouldn’t surprise me, at all.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Gotta say it…