Great Eric Weddle article

Viewing 4 reply threads

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

What a cool story by one of the all time greatest Utes!!
      Weddle out of retirement

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Whoa, he’s going to be the head coach at RB High?? That’s the high school where we lived in San Diego (we left right before my daughter’s freshman year) and the school Devaughn Vele went to. I’m stoked my all time favorite Ute will be the head coach there!

cj13
      Ute Fan
      @cjohnsen13

Does anyone know how much he is getting paid to be in these few games?

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I wondered the same thing.  I suspect it must be at least 100K per game with a possible bonus if they play and win the SB.

jamarcus24
        Ute Fan
        @jamarcus24

Veteran minimum in the NFL is a little over a million.  I don’t know if there are terms or requirements to hit that, like maybe he had to be with the team before the trade deadline or what, but $1 million for a multiple All-Pro/Pro Bowler to come out of retirement for at most 4 games seems like a pretty good deal for the Rams.

DataUte
          Ute Fan
          @scotwaye

I thought that salaries could be pro-rated (so the min/17 games*number of games played). But playoffs would be different I think – don’t regular players not really get that much (except some NFL set amount or if it’s an incentive in their contracts). I could be totally wrong, but I don’t think he would get the full minimum either way.

jamarcus24
            Ute Fan
            @jamarcus24

Your guess is as good as mine, I honestly don’t know.  All I know is I hope he and the other two Utes (haaaa) on the Rams get a ring this year.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I was hoping that he would one day coach at Utah.  But, it will be difficult to get him out of San Diego now.

Great guy and a great story.  I will be pulling for the Rams on Sunday.

1 3

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

A 4 game stint, with a team in LA, two years after he retired, is going to be what pushes him over the edge from ever coaching at Utah…  Got it.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Did anyone ‘pickup’ that he has a full size basketball court in his house that he plays 5 on 5 basketball with guys once a week?
      I guess it could be an outdoor court with the mild SoCal weather, either way, I’m jealous.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NFL Great Eric Weddle article