Great game – should not have been so close…

Viewing 4 reply threads
      5 2

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

… but we won, and frankly after teasing the Provo crowd for 3 quarters, sent the TDS fans home for a VERY long 40+ mile drive toward the south.

We REALLY missed on the current QB class.  Tuttle, if the coaches are to be beleived, could not beat out Tyler Huntley, nor Jason Shelley, but kept us from offering a kid who really wanted to be a Ute, and who looked like the real deal tonight.  

Big mistake….

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

Or we lost Tuttle…a big ego kid who honestly couldn’t beat out two other 3 star QBs and who wasn’t nearly as good as his rep…maybe the coaches saw this and let him go before things got worse.  Don’t know.  Just know Shelly has won 3 in a row and we can now recruit again.

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

When BYU lost to NIU I realized we are a much better team.  Last Night that didn’t become evident until the second half.  Really the score should have been 60 to 6.  Didn’t like the play calling in the first half.  I thought we quit going deep on 3rd down, and started getting first downs in the second half.  We played our game, short precise throws.  Extremely impressed how the receivers came back to the ball when needed.  We cannot get in a whole like this against UW there will be no coming back from that.  We will lose, and we can’t go for it on 4th either we have to execute our plays. and make our first downs, and patienly chip away at them.  We have to win the time of possesion battle.  We have to play down hill grind them down football.  That’s our game.  Sure we can go deep when we are up or opportunity presents itself.  The deep receiers should be the secondary receiver in most cases is my opinion.  I’m no football coach so you can laugh all you want, but I’ve been watching football for 50 years since I was in the first grade.  Who can throw the ball down field every third and be succesful.   Life’s not a highlight reel and neither is football.  We have a run game, a read option, and Shelley is accurate.  We have evertything to be succesful.  My opinion is Utah can be succesful if they are patient, and if we focus on short passes, and if we can establish a run game against UW.  I don’t think this is rocket Science!!

javadave
      Ute Fan
      @javadave

Shelley was the better QB last night because he won the game 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

That read he made was pure instinct and he nailed it. 

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

If that kid were a Ute, he wouldn’t have left the bench tonight. He’d be Shelley’s backup. And the play on the field bore that out. The better QB was wearing red last night. 

UtesRock
        Ute Fan
        @utahrockon

So we all can agree forever, and for all times the Ute Coaches know what they are doing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Great game – should not have been so close…