Viewing 7 reply threads

Uteusmc
      Ute Fan
      @uteusmc

Solid win over MN

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Despite the ugly finish, Utah looked like the better team IMO. The great thing about Rylan Jones is that he’s pretty darn good now for a Frosh and he doesn’t look like he’ll go to the NBA soon, if you know what I mean.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Really good win. Man, dare I believe. This team was playing great, especially early.

Uteusmc
      Ute Fan
      @uteusmc

I think they are going to get much better as the year goes on. Do we have any more decent OOC games left? TDS does not count…

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

Yeah, we play (f)UK in Vegas. Unfortunately Evansville upset them first 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Happy with any win, but man… the last 25 minutes of that game were ugly the majority of the time.

allen disappeared for most of the second half. Battin and Jantunen need to learn to actually play defense instead of just falling over when someone bumps them. 

The positioning of our bigs on defense, especially when rebounding is difficult to watch. 

The good thing is, these kids are young… and they play hard. Gach has the most potential of any guard we have had since Andre. Allen comes through when needed, and Jones is a really steady presence (can’t fathom why he dribbled himself into a trap at the end there).

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Best thing about 3-0? Chance to go 4-0. This should have been a double digit win but Utah finally cooled off at the half.

2 2

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

After thinking about the game… I came to the conclusion that a large portion of the game’s ugliness is due to ridiculously bad college officiating. The rules as presently constituted make the game practically unwatchable even when officiated we’ll.

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

For a team with 11 freshmen, not bad at all. That said, Gach played out of control way too much. Battin can’t create at all. Timmy needs to shoot better from outside. If we play a good press team, we are screwed.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Great win by the Runnin Utes!