Greg Wrubell was on 1280 this morning

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He was sandbagging and very careful not to say something that could be used as lockerroom fodder.  He said Utah is the best team the Cougars will play this season.  He admitted that this game means a lot more to BYU than it does to Utah.

A couple of other things he said:

He doesn’t seem 100% sure that Wilson will be ready for game 1, but admits he is not in the loop.  

He believes that the defense will be good under Sitake and that the key to a successful season is the offense being more productive.

He thinks Katoa will be the starting RB.

He said that BYU’s season would be considered successful if they make it to a bowl game and that if they won 8 games it would be a huge success.  He thinks that there are three gimme games, but everything else will be tough.

He was not about to say anything bad about the Utes or in any way predict BYU will beat Utah.  This is a bit different than some past years.  I believe he has learned that it is best to lay low before the game, keep his mouth shut, and do his talking after the game.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

I hope Moss, DHC, and Huntley combine for 400 yards rushing against TDS!

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

Combine for 400 yards? Moss will become Utah’s all time leading rusher against the coogs. Write it down.

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

He’s dropping 500 on those fools?

Duhwayne
          Ute Fan
          @duhwayne

Blocking fullback and three tight ends please!

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

While I would love to see Moss run wild against TDS-P (and I expect him to have a solid game, for sure). I think the best way to attack their defense is to expose their corners. Their DBs are undersized and likely the weakest part of their defense.

Everyone will be keying on Moss, should give our receivers plenty of 1on1 opportunities against their DBs. Have Dixon keep them honest and try to take the lid off, so to speak. Should allow Enis/Nacua/Covey/Simpkins to have some good opportunities as well. Not to mention HamDaddy and Kuithe at TE.

Just my two cents, I am not an OC. Nor do I play one on TV.

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

I agree we have the advantage outside, but running on them early and often is insurance for the forth quarter. If the passing game isn’t going well, they’ll gas and we’ll start gashing them for big runs.  The formula to win this game in the last few years has been to lean on them and let the superior talent and size own the fourth quarter.  

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Greg Wrubell was on 1280 this morning