Guess I’m going back to …

Viewing 2 reply threads

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

… taking a small transistor radio with me to listen to the ESPN700 post game show while walking home.  I live about a mile of the stadium, and enjoy walking to and from the games when the weather is not TOO bad.

I particularly enjoy listening to the interviews with coaches and players while walking home – been doing it for 25+ years, including basketball games when it’s not too cold or snowy (way back in the Marcroft days).

For some reason, ESPN700, is now blacking out the audio stream of the radio broadcast.  Last home game, they posted a notice on the website indicating they would be blacking out the broadcast OUTSIDE of XX miles (70 I think, or some such distance) of SLC.  I wonder if they meant to say WITHIN XX miles – probably not, would not make sense.

In either case, you CANNOT listen to the broadcast in the valley.  That might be intentional, but more likely VERY POOR execution of a contractual restriction of not broadcasting BEYOND the local market.

Regardless, my old Ute football backpack (which I am no longer allowed to carry into the game) still has the transistor radio I’ve been using for a generation – I’ll simple bypass the unbelievably poor execute of ESPN700, go old school, and listen to their content in spite of their app or internet stream, or their best intentions.

You’re welcome, ESPN700!

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

You can still listen to the ESPN700 broadcast during the game, you just have to do it from the “official” stream on TuneIn:

https://tunein.com/radio/Utah-Football-s207384/

MFury
        Ute Fan
        @mfury

^which you have to to pay a subscription fee for. Might still better than hauling a radio around.

COUte
      Ute Fan
      @coute

I’m just jealous you live so close to the stadium and can walk to games. Sounds like a dream.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Guess I’m going back to …