Gut punch

Viewing 5 reply threads

rydub
      Ute Fan
      @rydub

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Unfortunately refs can make these types of calls without any kind of accountability. The Pac12 won’t look at this. They won’t make a statement. Those same officials will work next Saturday.

Name me another profession where you can be so bad at your job without any concern that you may be suspended or canned.

As poorly as our offense played, that call was the difference between a win and a loss.

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Should be able to be reviewed.  I can see why the ref from behind the play would think that it was a block in the back, especially when the blocker throws up his hands like that.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

Furlong has a better viewpoint

HoosierUte
        Ute Fan
        @hoosierute

This right here is what is killing football for me. If the ref doesn’t make this mistake, Utah likely wins. We are sitting at 3-1, favorites in the South, no fire Whitt brigade, likely ranked. When a non-competitor can (and regularly does) make mistakes that throw the game in one way or the other, what is the point? Why get emotionally invested following your team at all when the games are made up and the points don’t matter? Why should I stay up till 2am on a 10:30pm kickoff to watch this crap? The arbitrary targeting penalties throw another wrench in this. Take the game out of the refs hands. 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Ugh.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Keep your hands down and it isn’t even called. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.