Hacket Gone?

Viewing 5 reply threads

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

Tom Hacket let go from ESPN 700? Anybody know what is up?

Personally, I haven’t been a fan of him on the radio. Really souring to Gunther as well. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Not a surprise. Loved him on the team but wasn’t a fan of his radio skills.

11 1

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

I have no idea what happend, but the revolving door Bill Riley has going on there could give Whit and his OC carousel a run for his money. 

Hoo Ray Who?
      Ute Fan
      @mattybumbo

Honestly I think he would have been a lot better with a stronger cohost. He was decent with OC, but between Gunther and the producer’s morning-show-esque sound bites, that afternoon show is awful. There are moments when they are actually talking about sports or sharing insights from their time in the program, but it seems like Gunther thinks it’s a comedy show and he isn’t terribly funny. ESPECIALLY when he starts in on his tired, lame “Britain Covey is so small that…” and finding reasons to dis on Tyler Huntley. We get it, you thought Troy should have been the starter. 

Italy88
        Ute Fan
        @itacoatiara22

I completely agree with you.  I can’t listen in the afternoons.

RedUte
      Ute Fan
      @rogermaggiohotmail-com

I always had a tough time hearing Hackett. It was like he was sitting 5’ from the microphone. Bring Ben back!

1 1

RedUte
      Ute Fan
      @rogermaggiohotmail-com

I actually do like Gunther

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Gunther was better with Ben. Ben kept Gunther bin check and on task.

Hoo Ray Who?
          Ute Fan
          @mattybumbo

Great point. I think that the big problem has been that both Hackett and Gunther are good at being the ‘color guy’ with a strong host that can keep things on point. There are moments that I actually enjoy Gunther….until he tries to be funny. #sticktosports

SkinyUte
            Ute Fan
            @skinyute

I think that the big problem has been that both Hackett and Gunther are good at being the ‘color guy’ with a strong host that can keep things on point.

My thoughts exactly. Having two wannabe comedians paired up (neither of which were particularly funny) was just a bad, bad idea and didn’t work at all.

I’d love it if they bring Ben back, he does an excellent job.

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

It never does. You always need a straight man. Just look at the Whos on first schtick. That’s a perfect example. This dates back to the beginning of comedy. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Hacket Gone?