Hammer, et al… Never post a video on here… LOL

Viewing 3 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

So in case anyone misses him. Jim Boylen ladies and gentlemen.

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

Back in the Jim Boylen days we we’re stoked that he moved the student section above the opposing teams bench. 

We heckled the crap out of everyone those years, even if there were only 12 of us in the whole student section and we only won 15 games. 

Funny story – one game we played Oklahoma and held Blake Griffin scoreless. Us rowdies in the stands let him have it and he wasn’t thrilled. I’ve never been stared down like that before in my entire life, it was seriously Ron Artest esque. 

DieHardUtahUtesFan
        Ute Fan
        @diehardutahutesfan

Those were good times. Regardless of the record, I really enjoyed being in the MUSS those years.

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

We also got a notice from the mountain west one year that our student section was out of control. We didn’t swear either because we didn’t want to get kicked out of the games. As mentioned, our student section was tiny those years and we considered it a badge of honor. I guess opposing teams must have complained about us enough for that to happen. 

jamarcus24
        Ute Fan
        @jamarcus24

It was probably just byu fans complaining that you all were using too many “four letter words.”

DieHardUtahUtesFan
          Ute Fan
          @diehardutahutesfan

FtheY’s recollection may be a bit off. I recall a few of us getting removed from the stands by security for our behavior once or twice. ha ha.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I might be the reason Boylen failed. We met when he first took the job. “I said welcome to Utah, I’ll be watching you.” I might have scared him.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Hammer, et al… Never post a video on here… LOL