Hans did film review on Stanford last week.

Viewing 4 reply threads
      7 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

He showed a fourth down play where Stanford straight up smashed Washington and completely changed the game. He talked about how Utah would have to make a play like that to beat Washington. 

We had those opportunities. The Anae strip where Fotu fell on the ball and somehow lost it. Washington go the ball back, punted, we got the ball inside the 5, three and out, and Washington got the ball back on the Utah 32 and goes right down for a TD. 

Had Fotu fallen on the ball, worst case scenario, we pin them aound their 20 when we punt. 

Blackmon had a chance to intercept the ball, and take it to the house. Instead, he mistimes the attempt and it goes for a TD. That is a 14 point swing, right there. Instead of Utah being up 14 pts, we are now tied. 

Now, think about our best plays last night. The onside kick. The fake punt. Going for it on fourth down. 

Those were all plays designed, set up and called at perfect moments by the coaches. 

There is no way in hell I am going to go after the coaches, when they were as close to perfect when it came to the game. 

They did everything they could to put the team in a position to win and they almost did. 

We are a young team. We will miss plays, mistime jumps, mistime fumble recoveries, try to make throws when we should throw the ball away. It happens. 

This team is so freaking close. 

Huntley wasn’t right vs Oregon and ASU and it showed. If you look at our other three losses (Stanford, Washington, and USC) there is so much to get excited for. 

I really think that we come out and lay wood to Colorado next Saturday. And again in our bowl game. 

Like Petersen said earlier this week that Utah was their second toughest game last year behind Alabama. He then said this:

“I don’t think we’ve seen a quarterback like this,” Petersen said. “You talk about creating plays, this guy, can create plays. That’s the scary thing. You cover good, do all your stuff and he can still get some things done. Probably got if not the best, one of the best receivers in the conference.”

This jumping off the ledge by Utah fans…it’s unwarranted. 

Sure, this year has been frustrating. But if you guys think Utah will get 9+ wins every year…You’re insane. 

We are so freaking young. We return the whole offense next year from last night. And we add Boyd, Hampton and Covey and more experience with Thompson and our other WR’s. 

Last night’s loss sucked. But the whole game was pretty incredible. And we showed so much last night. 

It’s exciting if you look past the last two minutes. As was the WSU game. 

Look at Washington in 2015. They went 7-6 (6-6 in the regular season). It was Browning’s first year starting, new offense, a strange mix of really old and really young defense (their secondary was brand new). 

They lost to Boise St, California, Oregon, Stanford, Utah, ASU. Sound familiar? 

They have won 20 games the last two years since then. 

The parrallels between the two programs is shocking. 

kjasd

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

September 15th 2018 is the day Utah gets revenge on UW in RES. Calling it now. It will be my birthday present and I will enjoy it bigly. 

1 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I am happy with Whitt until he retires other than hope I don’t see any evidence of him winning the PAC12 south. His best chances are coming and it will be some exciting football the next two seasons.  

Go Utes!!

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

Good post and I agree. I was p**sed after last night’s game but mostly because it felt like bad luck. Kind of how you feel when somebody smashes your car.  Utah will be better next year. 

The video at the bottom of the page you posted is a short one-minute video of Washington’s defensive backs coach. He seems to say he had his hands full preparing for Huntley. 

ragtownute
      Ute Fan
      @ragtownute

By the way, we lost and stop with the “if” this and that crap. We lost..again. It’s not a coincidence that we lose these close games. It’s coaching that gives teams the edge in close games. It was bad coaching in the crucial moments of the game that lost it for the boys. They deserved to win. 

How about the 3rd and 8 from the 10 in the red zone that was a designed QB keep up the middle? That didn’t make your highlight reel because it was a dumbass call. 
      And the timeout still doesn’t make any sense if you play the logic of the excuse all the way through. 
Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Hans did film review on Stanford last week.