Hans Olsen take on the game was interesting.

Viewing 5 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Three passes in a row. Falamaka got rotated back in at guard. He re aggravated injury goes out then Huntley goes down.  Just listened to that going to break. The play calling when it was still a close game made no sense to me. It didn’t make much sense to me against UCLA  either when they came out throwing like crazy. 

Well TT has no choice now he has to handoff. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

TT is always tempted to throw for some reason.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I noticed this as well. I was wondering why we came out throwing so much in the 3rd quarter. The only thing I could come up with is that the defense had adjusted to take away Zack Moss and Taylor was trying to throw the ball more to open up the run game again.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

It worked in the past is all. I found it odd is all. Same with a goal line possession they had where they pass pass and settle for fg. It’s like Moss is sitting there ready to go. 

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

ASU was loading up on the run and the pass was there, is why

bombastic
      Ute Fan
      @bombastic

If you listen to Hans Olsen you would know that he has an ax to grind with Troy Taylor. When we were clicking on all cylinders and blowing other teams off, if you were to believe Hans it was Harding running the offense and not Troy Taylor.

I actually like Hans and his analyses. He is actually one of the few that knows what he talking about. But some of these takes about Troy Taylor was not rational at all.

Having said that, I was also expecting that we come out running in the second half and not throw the ball. However, I am always careful to throw coaches under the bus in these situations. TT is the one with the front row ticket to his offense. He is the one that knows every little detail about his team and what the other team is doing. He will not do anything to shot himself in the foot (on purpose none the less).

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Hans isn’t quite as bad as Gunther, but both of them are very put out that Aaron Roderick got replaced by TT. It leaks through from time to time with Hans, and about 97% of the time with the Gunthermeister Meistergunther.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Jason Shelley throws a better ball than does Tyler Huntley. We will see plenty of passes, though we won’t see the deep throws while on the run like with TH.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Hans Olsen take on the game was interesting.