Harding leaving?

Viewing 6 reply threads

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Just heard on the news that he’s interviewed with Cinncinnati/Bengals as the OL coach.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

He’d kill it in the NFL. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit and he’d be amazing there. 

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

I totally read that as Cincinnati Bearcats and thought to myself, why would he leave for a smaller program without at associate head coach title? Then I realized it’s for the Bengals. My bad. 

Would hate to lose him, but would love to seem him continue his success. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

So who is on the list for the tenth coach now?

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I want to preface this by saying I LOVE Harding. I don’t want him to leave. BUT IF he has a chance to better himself, I’m all for it. 

And, the silver lining in all this might be allowing Taylor to bring in a OL coach thatis better versed in the RPO. 

UtahManPodcast
          Ute Fan
          @utahmanpodcast

I have been thinking about that as well. If Harding gets the NFL job who hires the new OLine coach? Whittingham or Taylor? McDonald was pretty much a Taylor hire and I know Whittingham was involved but I wonder if this would following that direction.

I want Harding to stay but can’t fault him for leaving if it happens.

Puget Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pugetute

I am sure an O Line coach hire will be a joint decision.  But I will also add that Kiel McDonald appears to be a homerun hire at RB coach, so Troy Taylor already has picked an excellent assistant coach.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Had to see this coming. How many Assoc Head Coaches can one team have?

voxnihili
        Ute Fan
        @voxnihili

To be fair, Gary is the only associate head coach, Harding is the “Assistant Head Coach”. Way different 😉

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

Yeah, as Utah said, I’m all for someone trying to better themselves and exploring new options. An opportunity in the NFL is certainly an awesome chance for Harding. But I have to think that part of this comes from Whitt bringing Gary in as “associate head coach”.

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

Disagree. If he were rumored to go somewhere like Arizona or similar P5 program (lateral move) then I’d chalk it up to him being unhappy with hiring Gary.

Harding is from Ohio and the NFL is probably a dream job for him. Can’t fault the guy for looking for a professional position coach job in his home state

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

But I think everyone can say his course was leaving. I said it before GA was hired and then after that happened I guaranteed it. 

Puget Ute
              Ute Fan
              @pugetute

That was an easy bet.  The fact that 120-something teams are adding a 10th coach, plus shuffling in the NFL and other schools, means there will be a lot of coaching staff changes this season. 

I am curious to see whether we will see the same kind of shuffling next year.  I doubt we will see as much motion in CFB.

I like Harding. I think he is a very good coach. I wish him luck in the future, especially since Kyle Whittingham’s coaching lineage is kind of crapping out (Sitake and Andersen). 

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

I don’t know. Personally I think we might see more shuffling. Sexual harassment thing is moving down the ranks as more victims speak out. Personally I believe it is worst than we all may think it is. 

Also the ASU thing has me puzzled beyond belief we may see more panic from teams. I think Heltons seat is warm in the PAC. 

Anonymous
                Inactive

Don’t forget jay hill

Puget Ute
                  Ute Fan
                  @pugetute

You are correct. Jay Hill is doing a great job at Weber.  I think he will be a hot commodity next year, esp. if the WebeCats go to the playoffs again.

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

All in or in the way…… Just for fun I have been in this kind of deal — I was a boss of a man for 4-5 yrs. then he becomes my boss. for the last 7 yrs till I retired 4 yrs ago. it worked out great for us still best friends. we go to lunch and he still asks for ideas. The story we both wanted the best for our dept.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

What’s more disturbing is watching someone pour their drink back in the cooler behind Harding:

crazyute
      Ute Fan
      @crazyute
Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Harding leaving?