Has anyone else heard that Tuttle flipped to Wisconsin?

Viewing 7 reply threads
      2 7

Anonymous
      Inactive

I kinda hope Kyle retires. Maybe I’m just p**sed right now. 

1 3

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

No, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

6 3

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

Reminds me of BYU fans when people disregard what Kyle has done for this football team and call for him to retire or be fired. I chalked this year up to a rebuild and had expectations of a 7-win team (which is still possible). 

Utes lost 16 to the NFL a season ago. What were you expecting this year?
        2 2

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

It could be soooo much worst with a new coach. Soo much worst. 

7 1

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

Cough 2-8 cough

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

Washington State is a great example.

Mike Price’s last 3 years were 10-win seasons and saw a Sun Bowl, Rose Bowl, then Holiday Bowl.  

Bill Doba and then Paul Wulff took over and went a combined 29-66 over 8 years, with 2006 being the best year at 6-6.  They had plenty of 2- and 4-win seasons (including 1-11, the only win coming against 0-12 UW).

Mike Leach took over in 2012.  He is one of the best Oh-fensive minds in CFB, and it still took him until the 4th year to get things going.  

Now, finally, they have the #2 offense in the country (against far better Defenses than the #1 team, btw).  They also have a tremendous Defense.  But they are still 14 years removed from a 10-win season (and Mike Price put together 4 of them). And as good as they are this year, they probably won’t be able to pull off a win on the road in the Apple Cup.

If i had to guess which coach would take us to a 9-win season next year, there is an extremely short list who could actually do it and who would come (Nick Saban, Urban, Dabo Swinney, Dan Mullen, etc, are not coming here).  And Kyle Whittingham has to be at the top of the list.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Post Whitt fired or retired is going to suck. 

1 1

Puget Ute
              Ute Fan
              @pugetute

Just look at how much our Offense has struggled since Ludwig left after the Sugar Bowl.  We could see the same roller coaster ride with a HC, but riding each new HC for 3 years at a time instead of 1 year.

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

That may be. By the same logic, there are plenty of zoob-logic in the other direction.

I don’t care if Whit stays or goes. My allegiance is to the school/team. Just win. If not, show signs of improvement. People use inexperience/age as an excuse one day (Arizona is much younger) and then NFL drafts as an excuse on another day. No. Sky is not falling. We just are not good. I’m not calling Whit’s head — don’t care enough.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Many factors obviously go into a season. I am a broken record but this still makes me scratch my head on the ASU and Oregon losses. 

1 4

Anonymous
        Inactive

Sure, and you remind me of people saying that we couldn’t do better than Mac. I just wonder if Kyle has hit his ceiling. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Utah bet against the odds on that one and got lucky. Look how long it took to get Larry. 

Anonymous
            Inactive

Do what you always do to get what you always get. Mostly mediocre. Sometimes a little better. Sometimes a little worse. Never good enough to win anything. Annual WTF(?!?!?!) loss(es).

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Did you really think this was a WTF loss?  After all you seen this season this is a wtf loss??

1 2

Anonymous
                Inactive

Yeah, kinda. Look what they had to do to lose. Seven turnovers for short fields. But I was referring to Oregon, the past two years, and ASU. I don’t need to dredge up the annual November swoons, do I?

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

They had to do?? Wazzu is a good team man. 

Puget Ute
                    Ute Fan
                    @pugetute

I can’t understand why so many Utah fans disparage the talent of our opponents.  It is almost as though we think the other teams are UTEP levels of bad, when the fact is every other team in the league has plenty of talent on the roster.

crazyute
        Ute Fan
        @crazyute

No but it reminds me of when Utah fans the a fit when we fired Ronnie Mac. Saying it couldn’t get any better.
        I guess some just want to be Iowa a sub par team that has a decent year once in a while.

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

And with a coach who would cost $15 million to fire.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Tuttle still has his Utah commit on Twitter from last year so. Idk.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

This came from the wiscy site, promptly picked up by cougarboard.

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

Oh, so it must be true, lol.  I’ll wait til he says something or takes down the hundreds of Utah posts on his Twitter before I believe it.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Where did you hear that? Until I see or hear it from actual “sources” I assume he is still committed. Tuttle seems as solid as ever.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

That comes from the same sources that just know (because they feel it in their heart) that byu is going to the Big 12.

Hal Evans
      Ute Fan
      @dixieute

I don’t care who is coaching ….the coach didn’t turn the ball over 7 times….and you aren’t going to win when you turn the ball over 7 times. That loss is on the players not the coach

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

The Pro Whit that argument we lost all the talent to the NFL is comical beyond belief. The fact that it is true that we had 16 players from last years team go to the NFL through the draft and free agency is actually an indictment on the coaching staff’s performance or ceiling. If you cant win the South with the talent we had last year when will we?

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

Losing 16 to the NFL and not winning the south if far from and indictment on Whitt. The problem is for every NFL player on our roster we have a Jordan Fogal.

We can’t have any Jordan Fogals on our roster, because this happens.

If we had Marcus Williams vs Worshington 2016 we win that game.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Has anyone else heard that Tuttle flipped to Wisconsin?