Heading to Bay Area for first time…

Viewing 6 reply threads

Grimmetal
      Ute Fan
      @grimmetal

I’ll be going to the game on Saturday, (and the 49ers on Sunday), but the issue remains: I’ve never been to that portion of the world. Anyone have any tips, tricks, or tailgates when it comes to Stanford’s campus? I’ll be staying about 6 miles away.

Johnny80
      Ute Fan
      @johnny80

Wife and I are in Bay Area for the game also. Some people gave me some nice recommendations. It was the last post that I made. The advice/recommendations seemed solid and I will be checking what our fellow Ute Hub friends said. Find my post (made about a week ago) and enjoy! 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Do Not (!) rely on BART for anything. Get into San Francisco. Very walkable city. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

If you do go into San Fran watch where you step.

Brettski
        Ute Fan
        @brettski

Bart is fine – I’ve ridden it for over 10 years.  It’s loud and generally on time but it won’t get you anywhere near Palo Alto.  Also, once you’re in the city either walk or grab a taxi/uber. 

Stay out of Oakland unless you want the best tacos of your life at Belly.

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

Just spent the week in San Francisco for work last week. I love the city. Hit up Fisherman’s Wharf for some great seafood and Ghirardelli’s for some good ice cream. Very walkable. I just walked from Pier 1 to 49 and enjoyed it all. Definitely bring a jacket. 

Torg
      Ute Fan
      @torg

I’m flying out tomorrow morning for the game.
      I looked up best places to eat around Palo Alto. I shouldn’t have been surprised – everything popping up was like, Vegan this, Hummus that, what’s gluten?

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I’m from the East Bay area, so I can give you a good recommendation.

The best crack dealer in town works the corner at Market St. and 43rd in Oakland outside the liquor store… very nice guy, high quality s**t, fair prices. He’ll treat you right. Tell him I sent you!

Brettski
        Ute Fan
        @brettski

I was east bay for 10 years (Concord, Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill), wife grew up in Alamo.  The best crack is off hegenberger at the now closed walmart.  Can’t miss it on your way from the airport. 

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

I find that spot a bit too touristy. I want to get my crack where the locals get it. 

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

Dammit Yelp lied to me again!

Grimmetal
      Ute Fan
      @grimmetal

Thanks for the help! I made it safely. Traveling solo. I’ll probably check out some of the Fleet Week stuff in the morning/early afternoon tomorrow. Seeing lots of Ute gear around town.

Went across the Golden Gate Bridge and did Fisherman’s Wharf this afternoon. Boudin soup bowl was AMAZING in the early evening. Absolutely perfect. This place is growing on me quickly.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Heading to Bay Area for first time…