Heads Up

Viewing 3 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The Ute Hub server environment is having an infrastructure upgrade sometime February 6th, 2018 between 12:01 AM to 6 AM MST.  This upgrade will take about 20 minutes, so I’m told. If you hit the site during the upgrade it will appear to be down. Do not fear it is a UFN moment. It’s just an upgrade to make the backbone to the site even better.  🙂

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

One thing I realized yesterday (Go Birds!) is that if you post a link to a tweet or video from the front page, it shows up as a web address. If you go into the forum and post it, it shows up as an embedded video or tweet. I hope that makes sense. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

This is a tweet posted in the forum.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yeah I can’t get it to post as a link. Remember just paste the tweet URL on its own line and it should work in either the forum or the home page.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Weird. I just did it again in my post above. I’m on an iPhone using safari. 

I posted the link off the homepage and it came up as a link. I then opened the post, deleted the link and then re-pasted it and it embedded the video. 

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

Get the same thing. Droid with chrome. Have to go in and edit post, delete pasted link, and re-paste for tweets and videos to show.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Maybe it has something to do with how the copy of the tweet url works on mobile.  

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

How are you copying the tweet url?  Maybe I’ll have to try safari.  

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

I usually just click the address bar, select all, copy then paste. Or on twitter, I click the copy link command. 

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

Hmm. So apparently the “copy link” button on twitter wraps the link in a bunch of html to try and make it pretty I guess.  Try just copying the link from the URL, not the copy link thingy.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.