Heard this before?

Viewing 2 reply threads

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

“At the start of the year, it was really slow,” Wegis said. “I think it was Week 3, Utah offered and then that was kind of the picking-up point of my recruiting and it just piled on from there and it got to like a peak in like this last month. Utah was the one that did all the digging and finding of me, and then once they offered me, obviously Utah’s a highly respected program, so other schools ended up hopping on.”

https://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/story/2019-11-25/san-juan-hills-high-defensive-end-tyler-wegis-commits-utah

5 1

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

“Heard the news, there’s good rockin’ tonight!”

But, but…Utah can’t recruit. I read it here somewhere, I just know I did. Didn’t I?

User Suspended
        @a2ute

A couple of thoughts, the video of Wegis looks great! He looks like a very good pick up.

Second, This appears to be another example of what does really well – find guys who are under-appreciated.  This, however, does not dispell my complaint against kwhitt

If Wegis was getting a lot of interest/offers from the bigger programs Utah would not have a chance at him. Sad but true.  As I’ve said time and time again, Utah knows how to find the unknowns and build them into good players. But kwhitt is simply awful at attracting “known” elite talent into the fold.

UtahFanSir
          Ute Fan
          @utahfansir

Pace, See my note below, where I attempt to address this. Perhaps not well, but I do work to address this issue.

BulgieUte
          Ute Fan
          @bulgieute

You’re a fool if you want Utah to recruit in a more traditional way, paying attention to star counts and “hot” commodities. Kyle Whittingham knows the game and he’s designed a strategy to beat that game not by chasing a limited group of high 4 and 5 star players being pursued by multiple teams but by identifying and developing talent that fits his system. The approach you criticize Whittingham for not doing would produce inferior results. I wanted to think you’re constantly trolling with this bull s**t but more and more I think you’re not a troll but just a dumb jack ass. Whit knows what he’s doing.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

No no no this doesn’t fit the narrative of the naysayers.  

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Heard this before?