Heartbroken (again). How’re you dealing with the loss? I could use some advice.

Viewing 10 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

TIA

Tim Juice
      Ute Fan
      @timjuice83

Get used to it and don’t let it bother you, it’s the same s**t every year.

1 1

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Yeah, we’re a mid-tier Pac-12 program, and the Pac-12 ain’t getting any better. Get used to it.

MontanaUte
      Ute Fan
      @montanaute

Ambien and Montana beer. Works wonders after a game like this.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Utah had its chances against a highly talented team. Many chances in the red zone. I think our coaches played the percentages on defense and that fink kid put the ball in the pickle barrel many times, which is difficult to do. The fumble by Brumfield hurt but I thought he played well. Huntley struggles on the read option. When to give vs when to take. I was happy that Utah was in a dogfight. Hopefully they will come back angry and take advantage of their opportunities moving forward.

TexanUte
        Ute Fan
        @texanute

A little blame on offensive scheme is deserved here. Never should have been a bunch formation which invites 10 in the box down on the 3 yard line coupled with an RPO where your QB consistently makes the bad decision. An innovative offensive mind would spread the field 4 wide giving open lanes for Huntley to walk in. Poor offensive coaching again. I wont even get into the defensive cover scheme. Press man to man when you are getting burned is pure stubbornness a sign of old-man football.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Life goes on.  I am certainly unhappy about our sloppy performance tonight; however, now the pressure to go undefeated is gone.  

I will lower my expectations for this team and try to enjoy the rest of the season.  

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Life does go on, but in a sucky way. Which sucks, like a lot. That’s what happens when your life revolves around football. I’m doing it wrong. 

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

The way they lost is worse than the loss. 17 penalties….13 of them were legitimate.

The secondary getting worked. JJ.. falling down, the PI on a throw that should have been defended at least if not picked off.

Blackmon? The f**k was that?! Always late and slow. Didn’t make a legit play on at least 4 jump balls.

Lewis… just grab his hand instead of wrapping up his legs! Deserved the benching on that play alone.

The pass rush?

//r00t4Utes
      Ute Fan
      @r00t4utes

Said this in another thread, the D was there to make the right play and didn’t on at least 3 big plays. Lloyd had a sack Fink got away TD and then as was said Blackmon and other DB’s were in position and just didn’t make the play they were in position to make. If they make the plays on half or even a third of those plays that were in position to make the D doesn’t look as bad and USC’s WR doesn’t get 232 yards…. or whatever it was.

So while p**sed I’m holding out hope they make at least some of those plays in the future

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Football won’t exist as we know it in the next 10-20 years. So enjoy it while it lasts. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

UM4G
      Ute Fan
      @um4g

Pie, pie solves everything.

RUUTES
        Ute Fan
        @ruutes

I do love a good pie.

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

It’s a game played by kids who don’t (yet) get paid. Almost no teams ever go undefeated. We’ve done it twice in the last 15 years. We won the Pac-12 South last year. We will win more games this year.

If being undefeated is the only way you can be happy as a football fan then switch sports to um…well stop watching sports.

If being disappointed for 24 hours after a loss and then moving on is more your style then those 24 hours should just be filled with 1)sleep 2)an hour of bitching on the boards 3) some yard word 4) focusing on some other teams you hate losing so it doesn’t feel so personal.

And if you drink, I highly recommend nachos and some beer. I’m now spending the day doing all of the above and rooting against TDS and all the SEC…I’ll get some joy in there somewhere.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

It’s a game. An utterly meaningless game. There dealt with.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Heartbroken (again). How’re you dealing with the loss? I could use some advice.