Here is the problem with Larry K:

Viewing 3 reply threads
      3 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

He’s in the top 15 in salary. 

Coaches get paid that much to make the tournament. 

He has three options:

1- make the tourney 2 of the next 3 years, then 5 out of 6 forever

2- take a massive paycut

3- his third option does not involve Utah. 

If we don’t make the tournament this year, his seat should get roasting hot. 

1 1

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

It will be scalding hot.  We have pvd playing significant minutes for gods sake.  That alone should cause his seat to erupt in flames

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I think he should get this year and next. I want to be fair to him. BUT he makes too much for these results. He has this year and next to make the tournament.  And then he better keep making the tournament. 

Redblood
          Ute Fan
          @redblood

They are not going to sniff the tournament. But in two years we could be really good. That’s assuming everyone stays. And Larry’s track record for that is not good. Speaking of that, what happened to Hendrix? Got teed up at the end of the first tournament game. Did he play in either of the next two?

stonguse
            Ute Fan
            @stonguse

He wasn’t on the bench vs GCU. Didn’t play vs Northwestern (not sure if he was at this game either). Something is up.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Considering how bad it was under Boylen and the unspeakable name before that. I am giving him a pass just for that.  Also the rampant cheating that has been going on idk I just don’t care at this point about College Basketball it is all dirty. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

That’s why he still has a job PLUS this season and next. I do believe this is his eighth year here. He better be humming by year ten. 

1 1

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

If I were to judge him solely on his performance removing Utah’s post Majerus era I am not happy. He doesn’t seem to bring anything innovative in the way of basketball. I believe he prepares kids for next level but isn’t getting max potential for the team. Look at Kuzma. I know NBA talent can sometimes explode but Kuzma is looking like a possible All Star/HOF talent. 

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

College football is just as dirty, if not more so. SEC players getting paid, off-field crime, CTE, PEDs, and on and on. 

Not saying you have to like college basketball, but “it’s dirty” is not a good reason…if you still like college football. 

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

If he has massive roster turnover again this year, as has been the case every single year he has been here, then I say cut him loose immediately. Every single year except for one or two has been a rebuilding year under Larry, and it is his own fault.  

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Amen. I’ve given him a ton of passes because of what he inherited. He’s had a few classes to make mistakes and learn. I really loved this last class. I think the future is bright with Larry. That’s why he gets this year AND next. If he’s in the track I think he is, we grow this year, make the tournament next and continue to do so for a long, long time. 

I think we are pointed in the right direction. I think this time next year, these conversations will be forgotten. 

But…

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Here is the problem with Larry K: