Here to apologize

Viewing 2 reply threads

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I typically try to refrain from posting during games, but last night I made a post shortly after halftime calling out the coaches for the offensive production. I was specifically upset about Whitt chosing to not at least take a timeout and attempt a hail mary before the half, and Taylors playcalling which appeared to be uninspired. 

I didn’t know about the wind factor which affected Whitt’s decision before the half, so that settles that. I’m still not sure what our offensive gameplan was. I choose to criticize coaches over players because the coaches are the paid professionals. The players are kids who are putting their health on the line for my entertainment. 

In my post, someone astutely mentioned that if I was going to criticize the coaching performance last night, that I also needed to credit them for navigating a rocky final third of the season and getting us to the Championship game. That is absolutely correct and I was being short-sighted last night. 

I love this team, the players and the coaches. I have nothing but respect and grattitude for them. Last night was just a little frustrating. I hope this team is selected by a bowl that is worthy of all the work they’ve put in this season.

I think I’ll go back to not posting during games.

Go Utes!

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I don’t understand the end of the first half either. What’s to lose? Take a shot.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Or perhaps make enough yards to get a field goal chance. Possessions in last night’s were minimal because Washington did a great job of keeping the ball from us. Every possession was a rare opportunity to put up points. 

Utahute72
        Ute Fan
        @utahute72

I would agree if it’s 10-0, but at 3-0 your in a defensive struggle. We just saw a defensive play win that game, if their in a negative situation with the wind you’re far more likely to have something like that happed on the final play. I’m sure that Bama thought they had nothing to lose on the Kick Six play also.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Our second string Offense went 3-1 in November. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Here to apologize