Here’s how I see the rest of the year going

Viewing 9 reply threads
      3 10

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Vs Oregon: We start the game with a lot of fire and it looks like the players actually got up for the game. However, Oregon puts a ton of early pressure on our inexperienced Freshman QB and he has 2 early turnovers. Herbert torches our DB’s, capitalizing on both, going up 14-0. The players play with a little more fire until our 3rd straight punt, then they roll over and die. Oregon wins 31-10.

@ Colorado: Knowing that winning the South is now basically impossible, the players don’t even show up. They keep the game close in the first half but by the 4th quarter it’s all but over. Colorado will only be up by 14 but based on how we’ve played all game, it might as well be 50. Colorado wins 35-20.

Vs BYU: Utah coming off 3 straight losses, and BYU coming off 2 straight wins, BYU’s confidence is through the roof. Despite the talent gap, they’re able to keep it close and they win with a last second FG. BYU wins 20-17.

Final record 6-6.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Bowl game!

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Harding better learn how to teach some pass protection, because a 6-6 record and fans will be screaming for somebody’s job…

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Does 6-6 get them into the Vegas bowl vs Utah St?

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Two words:  BOWL ELIGIBLE!!!!

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Shelly may be a bit better at throwing the medium and deep ball, so I see that aspect of our offense improving. That will help open up the run game. Oregon is winnable but will be very tough.

Colorado gave up a 31 point lead to Oregon State in the 4th quarter. We can win that game with Matt Gay and Mitch Wishnowski rotating series at QB and with the ski team coach calling the plays. Zack Moss will have a career day that will make NFL scouts swoon.

The byu of Provo will be high energy and intensity. It will be dangerous because of that. We should win, and I fully expect Sitake to run a reverse on aa fak punt from his own 16 yard line at some point.  The outcome doesn’t matter though because our PAC games are already over.

Our team is 6-3 now. There is about a 0.4% chance we will lose the next 4 games (3 plus bowl game). We will still see a minimum 7-win season, and potentially a 9-win season.  And for this people want to blow up the program.  Some people just want to watch the world burn.

1 1

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

I don’t think we lose all three. I think we go 1-2, just not sure which one we win. 

The irony of this whole biatch is that now Zach Wilson and BYU have a legit shot of beating us, which was incomprehensible just a week ago. The story has been ripe for a W for them all year, but I just didn’t see how it would be possible. Now I’m just expecting a loss. We spurned the kid that grew up in our own backyard, was a signed sealed and delivered Ute, in exchange for an entitled little wuss from SoCal and the hometown kid is going to come and beat us in our own stadium…deep breath…end rant. 

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

Nah, we still beat tds with Shelley. Maybe won’t be a blowout like it was looking to be, but he will have 2 pac 12 games under his belt by then. And the D will show up for this game.

I do agree with you about the recruiting situation. Very unfortunate.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

I think you’re right, but it doesn’t matter. That game means nothing, except the opportunity to put those *&$&# in their place and shut them up for another year.  

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Here’s how I see the rest of the year going: Utah fans will continue to wildly overreact to everything. We will get way too high when we win, and way too low when we lose. We will not think reasonably or rationally in the least. 

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

We have to be the most bipolar fan base out there. If at least one of them.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

The rest of this year will be a chance to see how well our down line recruiting and training works at the QB spot. We seem to have the other positions in hand, but that has always been a problem spot of me. If this doesn’t get the staff thinking more about preping the backup players at that position nothing will.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

If Whitt loses every game in November he needs to be fired. 

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

I wouldn’t go that far as calling for Whitt, but he definitely needs to reevaluate his staff and find the weaknesses. No reason to go from championship contender to losing to Brigham because of the QB going down. The talent difference at this level shouldn’t be so drastic between the 1 and 2’s. If Moss went down we’d still expect Shyne and Green to fill in without much drop off.  The issue becomes why can’t they pass the ball to open up the run?

Wilson, Williams, Huntley and Shelley all had great passing numbers prior to coming to Utah. What’s the issue? Poor pass protection? WR’s can’t get open? Watching Wazzu and Minshew has plenty of time to pass the ball and check threw his progressions. Are you telling me that Wazzu has better recruits than Utah? Pullman is easier to recruit too than Salt Lake City?

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I will change my reply. I want him to be fired because that is ridiculous. Utah has very winnable games the rest of the way.  This would be big time meltdown. 

Like he says all of them next man up no one to feel sorry for us. 

Matthew Thomas Castleton
          Ute Fan
          @mcastleton928

To be fair, Minshew wasn’t actually a recruit to Washington State. He was a graduate transfer. You also have to remember that Washington State has been in the Pac-8/10/12 for multiple decades. Utah’s been in it for 8 years. 

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

Yeah, they’ve been the most “down” of all Pac-12 teams, save maybe Oregon State. I am going to be a Wazzu fan for the rest of the year. Unless by chance we meet them in the P-12 Championship.

Stone
          Ute Fan
          @stone

Lots of QBs have huge high school passing numbers that do not translate to high numbers in college. I don’t think that is a fair criticism.

As for WSU, Minshew was a great break (the guy was planning to do graduate transfer to Bama when Leach talked him out of it). WSU’s strength on passing is actually doing very quick drops and reads. It is hard to get sacks because WSU’s scheme allows a good QB to get rid of the ball quick. The line plays well, but it is just a different system – Minshew is very good at recognizing pressure and hitting his hot read.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

replied to wrong post.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Here’s how I see the rest of the year going