Herm is an arrogant putz

Viewing 8 reply threads
      3 16

Utesby1
      Ute Fan
      @garykennedy

Herm Edwards thinks that he has the silver bullet when recruiting against Utah. All he wants is to secure the last visit so he can play the diversity card. I can just hear him saying, “we embrace diversity here, I am a minority you are a minority. Why would you ever want to go play with a bunch of white candy ass Mormons.” In truth, Utah’s team mix of 1/3 polys, 1/3 african americans, and 1/3 whites is as divers as any program anywhere.

I am hopeful that Jordan Willmore can come in and see how much he likes the U and the surrounding community. Perhaps he can become our ASU killer just as Daniels has become ASU’s Utah killer.

7 3

User Suspended
      @a2ute

And how do you know this?  Sounds more like personal mormon persecution to me. 

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Personal Mormon Persecution had a great first album. I’m not into their more recent stuff.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I’m not sure what you are trying to say about race here, but I support your right to say it.

14 1

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Herm does not strike me as a negative recruiter type. He is all about positivity. Don’t see why this speculation is necessary, he is a high profile coach, likable, has NFL experience, and is at the helm of a school that is attractive for many reasons. Those are all facts. The stuff you reference is speculation and seem inconsistent with Herm’s persona (thus, making it unlikely speculation). If anyone really cares about skin pigmentation, look at the photos of Utah’s class that was signed, see any pattern? Look at the current roster. Look at the roster over the past few decades. This notion that Utah cannot recruit players with darker skin pigmentation is unsupported by actual evidence and needs to stop. 

Also, how is Daniels ASU’s Utah killer? He has not even played a down. He may never play. He signed at ASU over Utah. Some players signed at Utah over ASU. Everyone has different considerations and needs. Daniels may have liked the depth chart better at ASU. Wilmore apparently liked the depth chart better at Utah (among other things).

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

When someone recruits with negative s**t EVERYONE knows. 16-18 year olds are the worst at keeping secrets or their fingers quiet on social media. This whole negative culture angle is a BS line that really just shows that particular fans insecurity. 

8 1

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

I’ve never heard Herm talk like that, he may use his race as a benefit to recruiting (would be dumb not to), but your post is full of unfounded assumptions.  And Wilmore and Daniels aren’t killers of anything yet.

4 1

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Agree…these are unfair assumptions regarding Herm Edwards. I am actually glad HE is in the P12. He’s good for the conference. Get over Daniels. Rising is a better fit for where Utah’s offense is going. Undersized, dual threat QBs are high risk. Look around the league at teams with successful offenses. I can’t remember the last season a QB at Utah did not miss at least three games. Rising is bigger than half of Utah’s LBs. We need a QB to get the occasional big run and the 2-4 yard 3rd down conversions.

ASU, UofA, Colorado lose games because of QB injuries…same goes for Utah. Shelley did an awesome job filling in for Huntley winning key games to win the South. Shelley was .500 if you count the ASU game. Quite frankly, Shelley stepped up in a big way to win key games down the stretch. I just don’t see Ludwig keeping this same type of offense beyond the next 1-2 years. Fan’s view of course. Go Utes!

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Obvious troll is obvious.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

That was a nice reveal of your own inner workings. Doesn’t really matter if you were joking. S**tty either way.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Whether it’s about Mormons or not, if you guys don’t think there is negative recruiting going then I have some ocean front property in West Valley City to sell you. In the case of Daniels, I think it was more about him being promised immediate playing time based off of what he said after he committed to ASU. To be quite honest, I think Coach Shah could do a good job dispelling any myths or calming any fears about the culture in Utah, for that matter so could Coach Holliday.

1 1

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I’ve always liked Herm. He seems very genuine, he’s positive, he’s funny, and he just seems like an all-around good dude. Which is difficult, because I absolutely despise ASU.

I highly doubt he’s using the tactics Trolly McTrollerson indicated above, but even if he does, I don’t really know that I’d hold it against him much. College football is ridiculously competitive, and if that’s the trigger that gets a kid to commit to him over Utah, then I’d fully expect him to give it a shot.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Herm is an arrogant putz