HEY, IT’S RIVALRY WE…oh, who freaking cares

Viewing 4 reply threads

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I’ll be excited, as I am every week, to watch the Utes play.  But the big “rivalry game”?  Meh.

Unless BYU somehow comes out looking an unbeatable juggernaut tomorrow, I think we’ll likely come out of that game with a closer-than-it-should-have-been 7-10 point win. Naturally, every Zoob will say they are the better team, and the howls of “wait until next year” or “if we played in November” will ring anew.

And as always, I’ll be happy to get that game behind us so we don’t have to deal with those chucklef**ks for another year.

Side note:  I know I should want BYU to win tomorrow so that it’ll look better for us when we beat them. However, the bigger part of me wants BYU to get spanked by a crap Arizona team and go 0-5 against the P12 this year. :slight_smile:

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

It’s the “in-state” game. 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

On the flip-side, if AZ wins tomorrow, it will look better for the Utes to beat them and it’s better for the conference. Tomorrow, I’m cheering for AZ. Beardown!

SkinyUte
        Ute Fan
        @skinyute

Good point, although I fully expect AZ to have imploded by the time we get to them in November.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

At this point, the BYU-Provo Campus game is just another step in the process of building towards conference play. They’re just a G5 team that’s better than Weber but worse than what we see in the PAC12.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Let’s just get #10 and then they’re in our rearview mirrors until 2024.  

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football HEY, IT’S RIVALRY WE…oh, who freaking cares