Hey Ute fans I love our team too b

Viewing 3 reply threads
      12 3

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

Where do we get off thinking we should beat another bowl eligible team by 40?!  They had a better regular season than we did. Sure they had injuries – so did we.  The game was in sloppy conditions and we dominated start to finish. Some of you are getting a little zoobish!

1 1

crazyute
      Ute Fan
      @crazyute

I agree. They beat Iowa state that was a very good team this year. Put up 31 points on Oklahoma’s without grier also.

2 2

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I agree. We still have a MWC mentality as a fanbase…or too many TDS fans converting to Utah fans. 

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

Who are we?

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

So close to a breakout year.  So close. 

1 6

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

When you don’t agree with an opinion call someone a zoob.  Easy enough to stop well reasoned observations from entering your head.  

4 2

Ute Bc
        Ute Fan
        @utebc

I gave well reasoned responses to why some were Zoobish. I stand by those reasons. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

That entire game was a microcosm of the 2017 season and the entirety of Utah Football under Coach Whittingham. Of course there are outliers in his tenure as head coach. The offense looked bad to me and the only reason why it didn’t look better wasn’t because of WVU it looked good enough because of them.
          I think the whole zoobish thing has lost its meaning. I did expect a blowout in that game. I didn’t expect bobbled snaps on a consistent basis. Special teams coverage and blocking looking worst and worst. A QB and a RB fighting over the ball at the point.
          2018 I will raise my expectations even more for Huntley. That s**t show of an exchange where Moss has to rip it from him needs to stop. It was consistent all game and even when he had an unblocked DE staring him down he caused a fumble because he wanted to take it. Wanting to take EVERY SNAP isn’t good instincts at all. His passes were sailing and you could say Chugs were as well maybe it was the wet football. I don’t buy those excuses at all personally because those are not reasons those are excuses.

Ute Bc
            Ute Fan
            @utebc
            I remeber when Urban came to Utah. Many questioned his offense the first year, especially when we beat BYU while only scoring 3 points. 
            The first year of a new offensive coordinator is always tough. 
            I thought we’d beat WV but I haven’t thought we’d kill anyone this year – we simply aren’t that talented. I do agree that next year we should see a huge improvement. More seasoned Ol QB and RB should be big. 

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Well in the poll I gave Utah a B for 2017.  I said 6-8 wins and they were pretty damn close to stealing a few big wins this season.  At 7 total wins it is a B for me because of those expectations changed as the season progressed.  Huntley had a bad injury that I am wondering if it is changing his throwing motion. I know they talked about the amount of hits Huntley takes and I remember when they voiced those concerns with Wilson.  They eventually just accepted that was Wilson’s game and rolled with it.  Huntley doesn’t have that big long athletic frame like Wilson so this concerns me going forward.    

I have zero respect for WVU especially without Grier.  Utah defense did exactly as I expected but the progression in the offense was obvious from Washington to Colorado.  This seemed like regression and it concerns me a little.  This game the offense looked and reminded me of ASU and Oregon games this year. 

crazyute
                Ute Fan
                @crazyute

I totally agree about the mesh point with Huntley.
                But damn, you are being extra critical in a game where the conditions were petty tough. Of course in those conditions there are going to be regression. You saw it from wvu receivers too. They had more drops than usual.

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

Why did they have Simpkins do a reverse pass play.. Just a whole lot of more questions go through my head when you say that.  Also most of the passes were sailing on both QB’s catches were made on crossing and underneath routes. Chug gave his receivers no shot most downs. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Hey Ute fans I love our team too b