Highest Star Rated Class Ever Per 247….but this class sucks!

Viewing 4 reply threads
      15 1

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

We have been on a constant upward trajectory in terms of start rating average per class since 2009. The results are noticable on the field and I give the coaches credit. Heres looking forward to a great 2019 season.

10 years from now, Alabama and Ohio State will be going after our recruits vs Arizona State:-)

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

I’m pretty sure Bama is content with their #1 ranked class.  I’m very happy about our class, but Bama isn’t going to be chasing Utah recruits very often.

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

Although Utah is not generally winning any head to head recruiting battles with Bama (Tuttle being the only exception I am aware of… and well, Tuttle is gone), the truth is that Bama is chasing after Utah recruits. It is only recently (perhaps after a certain Sugar Bowl) that Bama even recruited in the state of Utah. Saban obviously saw first-hand that there is great talent in Utah. So, while Utah is not generally winning those battles, they are chasing similar players.

Also, to the point of the original poster, Utah’s classes are absolutely trending upward. There are signees in this class that had offers from Oregon, UW, USC, UCLA, Auburn, Tennessee, Nebraska, Texas, and even Ohio State. Even just a few years ago we were fighting with the other OSU (Oregon State) for recruits. Winning begets improved recruits, which begets winning. The trajectory is upward. So while we are not in the playoffs (yet), we can be happy and positive about the trajectory (while still wanting more*)

*for Pace

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Utah’s has only gotten into the doors of some of these kids in the past 4-8 years. It was only a matter of time for improvement. Wilmore Utah started on him when he was a Sophmore?

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Bama came after Bolles and Utah won. So there’s that.

Stone
            Ute Fan
            @stone

That’s right! Good memory!

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

The word is:

Harding is Utah’s best recruiter next to Scalley. Yet they somehow face the greatest criticism. 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Harding is Utah’s best recruiter next to Scalley. Yet they somehow face the greatest criticism. [from Pace]

FTFY

2 1

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I said I would never ignore anyone but I am choosing to ignore Pace now. 

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

QUIT BEING SUCH REALISTS! 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Is that counting Jones?

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Highest Star Rated Class Ever Per 247….but this class sucks!