hold freeman under 100 and we have a chance to beat the ucks

Viewing 6 reply threads

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

as usual, stop the run first. force their hand. mariotta is gone. make adams beat us. this is probably the best shot we’ve ever had at beating them. there are kinks in their armor especially on defense. also, don’t be p**sed off if we play ball control. gotta run clock on the ucks

SouthJordanUte
      Ute Fan
      @southjordanute

I hope so. We held him under 100 last year and got killed. But, no Marriota does make a big difference because Marriota had over 100 yards against us.

Hockeybeard
      Ute Fan
      @hockeybeard

IF we can keep their ground attack under control, and IF we can keep Adams in the pocket, and IF we can continue our efficient, long, grinding, 12+ play drives for points, then I REALLY like our chances.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

I’m not sure about that if Adams Jr. throws for over 300 yards and has 50+ yards on the ground. Utah — to win this game — has to keep the Duck offense off the field and that means the Ute offense needs to sustain drives which means convert on 3rd down!

Can the ‘D’ and Special Teams score TD’s Saturday? They’re gonna have to for Utah to have a chance.

Torg
      Ute Fan
      @torg

I think that with Adam’s finger being hurt, his throws wont be as sharp and the interceptions will continue for us. I dont think we win without the defense/special teams producing points.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Torg.

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

practicing posting a pic.

edit. i give up. put the image on imgur, clicked on the “img” button above. pasted in the address but it’s not showing up

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by oc_ute.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

Link the image url, lets see if we can see it.

oc_ute
          Ute Fan
          @ocute

let’s try againautzen 50 yd line

oc_ute
          Ute Fan
          @ocute

here’s the link to the image. i can’t get it to show on the site. hoping it’s just shows a bigger pic of my avatar for this week : )

http://imgur.com/gallery/muqZtz8/new

oc_ute
            Ute Fan
            @ocute

autzen 50 yard line :  )

Hockeybeard
              Ute Fan
              @hockeybeard

So when you’re on that page you linked, right click the image and select “Copy Image URL” or “Copy Image Location”, then paste that into the field with the tag on the top of the posting field.

should read like this below (but with “<” instead of “[” at the beginning)

[img src=”http://i.imgur.com/muqZtz8.jpg&#8221; alt=”” />

oc_ute
                Ute Fan
                @ocute

SUCCESS ! never done that before.

JDub1942
      Ute Fan
      @jdub1942

We need to keep adams in the pocket, I know occasionally we are able to keep mobile QBs contained ie. Taysom Hill 2 years ago. But sometimes they are picking up big yardage on broken plays ie. Chuckie all 3 times we played him. What’s the difference in defensive strategy that accounts for this?

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

Having a spy. Either a SS or a LB that is required to spy the QB and make sure if he breaks contain that there is someone to route him into traffic or the sideline, or that can step up and make a tackle.

JDub1942
          Ute Fan
          @jdub1942

We had a spy against Utah state, didnt seem to help

Hockeybeard
            Ute Fan
            @hockeybeard

Then the DLine needs to be more disciplined in their rush lanes. If its a definite passing situation, then the QB should not be able to break contain to gain yards…but there are athletes in this conference at QB who are capable of defeating even the best Defensive plans for them. I personally don’t think Adams is one of them, but we also can’t sleep on him either.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football hold freeman under 100 and we have a chance to beat the ucks