Holding in the Pac-12

Viewing 2 reply threads

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

Anyone know how many times an OL in the Pac-12 has been penalized for holding against Utah?  I counted the one, against SC, but I could be wrong.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

How many times it has been called vs how many times it happens?  I counted a s**t ton in that game that were pretty obvious. On the last SC score they strangled our DT. 

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

That was more what I meant.  I see a ton of missed calls, but I was curious as to how many went our way.  The SC game is the only one I can think of, which is insane.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I know who is the least flagged: Washington Oline. The tackles hold like crazy and don’t let the ends chase Gaskins down. Probably the worst hold I saw all game was the SC final TD drive though. Two of the Ute DT get strangled and then tackled. Not pancaked but straight up strangled and stuffed. 

Warrior Ute
      Ute Fan
      @warriorute

I opened the play by play on ESPN and searched for holding and looked for offensive holding calls. This is what I came up with as the number of offensive holding calls by game. I don’t guarantee its accuracy, but it should be close.

Washington 1 Utah 1

WSU 1 Utah 2

Stanford 0 Utah 0

Arizona 0 Utah 3

USC 1 Utah 1

I was at the Stanford game and I saw a ton of missed calls there.

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

You are a true warrior sir.  Thanks for that, didn’t occur to me to look at the play by play.  Numbers aren’t as bad as I thought, but still ridiculous.

Warrior Ute
          Ute Fan
          @warriorute

What is crazy is that the overall is the other team has been called 3 times and we have been called 7.  With the amount of time we spend chasing their quarterbacks calls should be happening more often just because of the natural inclination to not let the defender get to your QB.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Holding in the Pac-12