Holiday Bowl Question

Viewing 2 reply threads

HCHooligan
      Ute Fan
      @hchooligan

I’m working out the details for attending the Holiday Bowl and I noticed on StubHub, comparable tickets on Utah’s side that are selling for $120 are selling for $40 on NW side.  Supply and demand, right?  My cousin called someone involved in ticket sales and they said not many are travelling from Chicago.  My cousin and I would prefer to be with Utah fans, but may have a difficult time justifying paying 3x for tickets there.  Now, time for the question(s):

Does anyone know if there be many Ute fans on the NW side?  Do you know any Ute fans sitting on that side? 

It’s a much better experience celebrating with Utes, so we’re trying to figure out what to do.  TIA  

– Huntsman Center Hooligan

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Well they have to pay for their butler and most of their house staff. Makes sense that they get cheaper tickets. 

tarheelute
      Ute Fan
      @tarheelute

I bought tickets through the UoU hoping to sit in the Utah Section closer to the field. I have pasted their response. I got tickets higher up, but with an offer to sit with NW fans.

Your ticket location for the SDCCU Holiday Bowl has been assigned. Unfortunately, we were unable to fulfill your order in the $125 – Plaza/Field Prime price level due to high demand. We have assigned your tickets with your priority level in the $75 – Plaza price level. If you would like to be placed in the $125 Plaza/Field price level, we can do so on the opposite side of the field in Section 10. If you would like to move your seat location, please contact the ticket office.

All tickets were assigned based on annual donation to the Crimson Club. Tickets will be delivered via UPS Express between Dec.14th – 18th. There will not be any e-tickets for this event. If you have any questions or do not receive your tickets, Please contact the ticket office at 801-XXX-XXXX

Your Ticket location: P45

I guess its the price of supporting the UofU quota. Lesson Learned: Next bowl, I go through Vividseats.com.

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

Sadly that’s the position they put us in.  I bought tickets in Northwestern section 6(around 45 yard line) for $75-80 each after fees on Stubhub.  I would prefer to support the program(outside of just going and cheering) but it didn’t make sense to go thru UU.  I have a feeling a good portion of the NW sideline will be Ute fans as I have heard from several people that their tickets are around my area.

Utahute72
        Ute Fan
        @utahute72

So I’m guessing that means they filled both the Plaza and Plaza field levels. I understand that the 14,000 seats alluded to by Harlan is what he promised the Holiday bowl committee we would buy. That’s probably why they’re offering comparable seats in the NW allocation.

HCHooligan
        Ute Fan
        @hchooligan

Thank you!  That was very helpful.  I just bought tickets on the Northwestern side for $70 each.  The Utah side equivalent tickets were $150+ each.  Hope to see some Ute fans over there!

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

What section are your tickets in?

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Holiday Bowl Question