Holliday’s son is back at it with the tweets

Viewing 9 reply threads

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

I hope Steve Smith wants to help Witt……..

1 4

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Big yikes on this whole thing. Utah needs to get out in front of this and explain just what the hell is going on.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Guy’s recruiting momentum stopped, went in reverse, and he wasn’t that great at player development, right? When I say reverse, I mean his best outside wideout transferred to a DIVISION OPPONENT. Holy S**t!

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

We def need some facts. For all we know Utah is withholding something to protect Guy’s image and his son just doesn’t know that yet. I can’t imagine Guy hasn’t been notified of why this move is happening, so it would be really good to hear from either him or the university on the matter.

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

Sure they do.  I think Holliday’s kid ought to get out in front of the fact that his dad who obviously feels so strongly about this injustice and has yet to issue a statement accusing Utah of racism.  His dad also didn’t walk out of this racist orginazation the second Scalley was retained.  Holliday Jr. is embarrasing himself.

Football coaches get fired when they don’t perform.  Bottom line, unless Jr. Holliday can show that this was a racially motivated firing he is spitting vitriol with no standing to do so.

Ghost of the HEB
          Ute Fan
          @deseretgentlman

1 4

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

My dude, getting out in front of stories is PR 101. Utah needs to get out in front of this and say at least something like there was a mutual decision to part ways or something. Letting this be the sole narrative out there is dangerous.

Hellhound152
            Ute Fan
            @hellhound152

I didn’t see they “fired me because they are bigots” anywhere in his tweet.  So the grown ups decided part ways and the highschool football assistant decided to throw a race bait tempertantrum on Twitter?  He called out his kid in the tweet for cying out loud. 

3 3

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

Yes. Good for Guy. That doesn’t stop Utah football from needing to release a concurrent statement.

Hellhound152
                Ute Fan
                @hellhound152

The worst part about the whole thing is the betrayal of a long held professional courtesy in the coaching profession that allows coaches to “find a new job” rather than being fired so they are not damaged goods.  Juniors little twitter rant just blew up that agreement for his dad.

3 3

ironman1315
                  Ute Fan
                  @ironman1315

Yeah, I get that you want to go to bat for your family and if I felt someone had slighted my dad I would be sorely tempted to go full on nuclear. But my choices would impact him and his profession. And it is curious that Guy himself, who should be more upset than his son, isn’t doing any of what his son is doing. And straight up rebuked him. But the son has forced Utah’s hand, who I am sure would have preferred to not issue any statement and let things go.

I wonder what the contract situation with Guy was. Was this a true firing or a “We aren’t going to keep you around any longer.”

Hellhound152
                    Ute Fan
                    @hellhound152

Whit didn’t even publicly fire Dave Christensen…  They “elected not to renew” Stubblefield.

PlainsUte
                      Ute Fan
                      @plainsute

Guy’s son is the one who made it public, so there’s that.

Italy88
        Ute Fan
        @itacoatiara22

Why? Why feed into the race card?

4 6

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

Because that card is already played and whether we agree with it or not Utah the state and the university have perception problems that need to be addressed.

CB
        Ute Fan
        @solidhobo

Or, how about instead of rewarding the child throwing a race-baited temper tantrum with a public statement, you ignore it just like 99.9% of the rest of us do because you know he’s letting his emotions destroy both his and his dads’ reputation and that’s about it?

2 3

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Here is something from Guy Holliday himself:

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Ok. So if he wants to get real. Let’s get real. His dad was fired because he was a subpar coach. Period.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

This kid is conflating issues, and has an unbelievable racial chip on his shoulder. Complete BS.

let’s not forget Holliday came from BYU. If Jr thinks his dad has issues working for racists, why didn’t he call out the Cougs? I’m sick of this victimhood game.

And for another thing, why does the son need an explanation from anyone other than his father? This is a public airing of grievances he’s probably been harboring since the Scalley incident.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

To be fair, Holliday was hired away from BYU and not fired from them.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Meanwhile Shah and McDonald are getting raises cause they’re doing there jobs. I’m sorry man this sh*** has me fired up. I’ve met true legit bigots. True racists. It’s such a serious issue to me that when I see people play the race card that it’s f******* monopoly it fires me up.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Just to be clear, most coaches are not fired because they are poor coaches.  I would say most every coach gives the job everything they have and try much harder than most other workers.  Most coaches are let go simply because their boss thinks it is possible someone else will do a better job.  Not at all like an employee in accounting.  Coaches contracts are extremely clear, year to year, no expectation of continuing on to the next year other than the HC’s desire to do so.  My guess, is Guy tried very hard and knows a great deal about WR play, but it was judged likely that another coach could move the position group a step farther.  Without any other information, we should assume he has been a great deal of help but there is desire to try a chance that anogher coach can go farther.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

^^^ this. If Whitt were a racist, he wouldn’t have wined and dined Shah for years to convince him to give up practicing law and take up coaching.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Looks like the tweets were taken down again. Perhaps he finally spoke to dad.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Deleted because I think the account isn’t the real account.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

So now you’re saying it was a hoax?

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

No. I posted a tweet from someone reporting to be Savoy indicating he’s coming to coach at the U but I saw another account for savor and deleted. 

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Just listened to an interview with Guy on 1280. He seemed frustrated. But he said he has the utmost respect for Utah. It seems there might be some other opportunities at the u if he wants them. Called out his son a bit. But also explained the place his son came from (kid experienced racism twice while living in the state). 

That was one heck of an interview. And man is Guy just an all around good dude. 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

He also confirmed that he was tired and burnt out and that Utah felt he hit his ceiling. 

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

I didn’t catch the interview but that’s great to hear. People always speak so highly of him as far as being such a great person, it’s really nice to hear him leaving on good terms and taking the high road.

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

Twice I have experienced [bad thing] in [geographic region], ergo, when something else bad happens in [geographic region], I am justified in assuming it is for the same reasons I experienced [bad thing].

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

I try to be as reasonable about these things as possible. If his son was being treated differently in Utah than he was in other places, I can see why he might assume the worst with his father.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Holliday’s son is back at it with the tweets